Any ever use this auction site? (www.coins-auctioned.com)

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Kirk, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Kirk

Kirk Member

2. kevalie

kevalie Member

Do NOT trust this seller, I won a couple of auctions of him but upon further research I notice he took the photo straight from ebay and other sites. eg http://www.ebay.com/itm/190607404323 . I then ask him to take a photo of all the items I won in one single photo which he couldn't do, giving me bs excuse like the coins are in a warehouse and he couldn't pick them up etc etc. He can be convincing at times, offering pick up at New York but I am sure if you or your friend turns up there's either no one at that address (he will probably give you all kind of excuse and finally insist on payment over the net) or worst he and some other guys will be waiting to jump you over. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I know a couple of us here have bought coins from that site. I don't anymore because I had an argument about GST with them. He wanted to charge GST for some 1 oz phillies I said I would buy. It's in the sticky about GST somewhere.

4. coinsauctioned

coinsauctioned New Member

Hi I am the owner of coins-auctioned.com and have only just seen this thread.
    I have a verified sellers program that vents all new sellers but this low life guy got under the radar and did cause lot damage.
    Some of my buyers did have problem but all were refunded
    I have tightened up new sellers, actually I haven't let any one else sell since than.
    Coins are my hobby and we sell about 150 kilos silver coins per year as we are Perth mint distributors.
    In next few days we will have 10% discount for 10 days to celebrate $10 million in sales over my auction sites.
    On subject GST it is problem for aussie buyers so all items on coins plus are GST extra but coins bullion coins are exempt for GST.
    Many aussie s don't realize if a coin is in packaging we have to charge gst,but that's all sorted out now.
    My gold coians are 20-50% above market value a si buy but don't like tyo sell gold coins so No reserve are good value
    Do check out my coins-auctioned
    Cheers
    Wayne Sedawie
    owner

5. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome
    I'd do a bit more research on the GST subject ,only proof coins are subject to GST

6. mmm....shiney!

You must have changed your rules then, I won 3 phillies a while back and you wanted to charge me GST. Needless to say I didn't buy them.

7. nicwinner

nicwinner Active Member Silver Stacker

Welcome

by the way, is this an aussie website or american site?

8. mmm....shiney!