Another one for the Battlers, Gillard hardsells Carbon Tax

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by Dynoman, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

we need a delete button

2. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

He went to a bloody election on the GST. How is that lying????

I really hope that you are wrong. I really hope that her deceit gets the proper attention it deserves. I really hope that the tax does not get through. I really hope her and Swan are held to account.

Had she gone into the election with a carbon tax platform then fair enough. You don't see me criticising the greens.

Gillard promised, gave her word, NO TAX ON CARBON. Then after an election goes back on her word.

3. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

He took my gun too. Bastard

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1

+1

5. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Gillard has little choice but to side with the Greens, without their support they can't pass legislation so effectively would be unable to govern. Easier at the moment to lie to the people and cling tenaciously to power than to go against her pre-election promises to the Greens.

If the Senate and House twice fail to agree on a piece of legislation, Section 57 of the Constitution allows the Governor-General to dissolve the House and the entire Senate and issue writs for an election in which every seat in the Parliament is contested. This is the only occasion on which the entire Senate is dissolved. The conditions stipulated by Section 57 are:

* the bill must have originated in the House of Representatives
    * a period of three months must elapse between the two rejections of the bill by the Senate ("rejection" in this context can extend to the Senate's failure to pass the bill, or to the Senate passing it with amendments to which the House of Representatives will not agree)
    * the second rejection may occur in the same session as the first, or the subsequent session, but no later.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Can anyone name a past Australian Prime Minister that wasn't a liar at some point in their political career?

They all are!

7. razvana

razvana New Member

Liars indeed!

I have to laugh every time I see the term 'The Hon Julia Gillard MP,' or any other politicians name, for that matter.

The Honorable? What? They have no credibility and are certainly not respectable!

Very doublespeak.

8. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

Hey Auspm

But can you find such a blatant example.

On August 12, Swan insisted there would be no carbon tax if Labor won: "We have made our position very clear, we have ruled it out."

On August 18, he added: "What we rejected is this hysterical allegation that somehow we are moving towards a carbon tax."

On August 16, Gillard was categorical: "There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead."

On August 19 Two days before the poll she said it again: "I rule out a carbon tax."

All politicians lie to a degree. But show me a similar blatant example

9. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

isn't he some hairdo guy or something, with rumours of him being you know....

10. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Indeed: Anyone who awakes with political aspirations is looking simply looking for an opportunistic rise in the public arena. Have you ever seen an unwilling candidate ?

11. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

You have to lie if you are a politician. The truth is that you can't please everyone or even most people, it's physically impossible.

It's same old song, you can't tell the truth and get elected so the ones that tell the most believable lies get elected. It's a fine line though, you can't go tell too extravagant lies or people won't believe you either. It's a fine art.

12. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

13. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

I hear you loud and clear.... i still can't believe Labour won

14. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Why do people make a huge deal about that? It's what politics is all about. You don't think Kev knifed a few people to get where he was? Or is it because she's a woman? Or do you believe the nonsensical rhetoric that they are our great leaders? The reality is that anyone who gets to the top of the party machine has to be ruthless.

Is it that it shattered your illusions about politics? Maybe you thought they were good people and now a nasty woman has come along? I mean really....

15. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

No, I'm well aware the lot of them are rabid mongrel dogs that you can't turn your back on. But Gillard openly demonstrated how readily she will betray. And yet she still got the vote. We rewarded her ruthlessness, why should people be shocked that she will now betray her constituents will similar ease.

16. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

We may as well save the money and not even bother with elections. They do whatever the frak they want anyway.

How about this? You break an election promise = no pension for you.

17. Recalcitrant

Recalcitrant New Member

Found this interesting

An extract from Professor Ian Plimer

I know, I know (group hug) it's very disheartening to realise that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of Bali, nearly getting run over every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tube in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - four days only by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - every day.

Oh, I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano on Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire 40 million years on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.

Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognised 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

I'm so sorry. And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that..

The bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And this happens every year.

Just remember that your government wants to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus human-caused climate change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention Global Warming any more, it's now Climate Change - you know why? Its because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull**** artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind the Emissions Trading Scheme - is just a whopping new tax - imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you yes you a lot poorer.

It wont stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

But hey, grab a beer, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

PS: I wonder if Iceland is buying carbon offsets?

PPS: Two volcanoes have recently erupted in Russia (Oct 28, 2010

18. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - another Labor(ed) genius ...

19. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Yeah, that would be a huge bummer, only it's a complete fabrication...

And this as well. Hell, even the majority of climate change sceptics believe the planet is warming even if they don't believe it's caused by humans.

20. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is an engineered financial trick trading on fear and ignorance.