Another Logical Argument from Armstrong!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by barsenault, Sep 26, 2015.

1. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

First looks like you only read the titles not the actual article. He never predicted 5000 gold or even anything close in that article called Armstrong Economics: Gold $5000+ (Martin Armstrong, 11/07/09), but he correctly predicted the 2011 high.
    Second he was not convicted in financial fraud, yet held in custody for 11 years.
    You don't have to like him, but you shouldn't accuse anyone in public with something you can not back up apart from your personal opinion.

2. aleks

aleks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oldsoul is in love with the Coco

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zovq8G3hcc0[/youtube]

3. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he pled guilty to conspiracy to commit fraud. A guilty plea as such is a "conviction". He served 7 years for contempt then pled to the crime and got a 5 year sentence. Plenty of articles out there saying that but I give you one plus wikipedia. You can check further if you wish.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/11/business/11wall.html?ref=topics&_r=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_A._Armstrong

Jim

4. projack

That was a deal mate plead guilty, or stay in prison.
    What would you do?
    You know nothing of the case if your come with the NY times and wikipedia.
    Why don't you try something where both side invited or had the chance to speak public.
    You are not even allowed to see the movie "The Forecaster" over there in the land of free.
    What sort of justice system is that if you are only allowed to come out prison if plead guilty?

5. Jim4silver

Jim4silver Well-Known Member

I did not mean to insult your hero there "mate". But you erroneously said he was not CONVICTED. Pleading guilty to a felony and being sentenced to 5 years for said offense here in the "land of the free" equals a conviction. Maybe he was completely innocent like a new born baby- I personally don't know and don't really care either way. I was just pointing out your false claim.

I suppose the allegation that certain folks in Japan were ripped off for approximately $750 million dollars, and the fact that a bank involved settled by paying over $600 million was because everyone was completely innocent.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/18/business/republic-new-york-pleads-guilty-to-securities-fraud.html

PS I read Armstrong's site most days and like the different views and think he is a smart guy.

Jim

6. projack

Never said my hero, but corrected the fact that was twisted to mislead.

The issue with the Japanese yen what even the juge could not understand involved only the local currency, and he made money on that for the Japanese, and they did not complain. He was not asked to hedge the yen against the dollar the same time. Just because the USD got stronger the judge converted the result in USD and assumed he lost money for the Japanese.
    Just like if you asked someone to buy a house in Australia in 2011 and the local price went up a little the judge would say you lost a fortune because the result in USD now 35% loss in 2016.
    If you don't bother to read the deltas don't force me to come back all the time not to look stupid on the end.