Another fake Panda

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by jrbecker, Feb 21, 2014.

1. jrbecker

jrbecker New Member

Now I will take you guys seriously about buying from overseas. I bought a 2000 mirror Panda. It was a fake. Let me pass on what I have learned to others. If it says that it comes with a COA in a box, that is most likely a clue that someone has packaged a fake hoping that the buyer will never open it up to test it. This Panda visually looked superb. It looked just like the images of graded Pandas. The plastic pillow around the Capsule did not have the proper heat seal pattern on it. I took the Panda out of the pillow and capsule. It was not ferrous (was not attracted to a magnet). It sounded like silver when hit. But it weighed only 30.7 grams. Luckily the seller immediately refunded my money. So now I question the other Panda in my collection in a box with COA.
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/12759_2000_rev_small.png][​IMG][/imgz]
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/12759_2000_obv_small.png][​IMG][/imgz]

2. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Was the price too good to be true?

3. mightymatt

mightymatt Active Member

One thing I noticed the 2000 Panda on the reverse side has the mirror finish on the inside. The China writing and the year 2000 is on a mat finish, not mirror finish.

4. Dutch Silver Bullion Collector

Dutch Silver Bullion Collector Member

I think that the Panda 2000 coin is he most faked Panda coin, so be very carefull when you buy one.
    I bought two Panda 2000 coins in the past, for a very good price, too good because they appeared to be fake too... damn

[​IMG]

5. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

that 2000 mirror panda is probably the most faked panda out there ,my advise you want one? buy it graded by NGC or PCGS you will sleep better at night ,I have seen some darn good fakes that I had to look at for a long time with a known genuine coin right along side it to make a determination