Another eBAY Con Artist passing off 100 mills for 999 Bullion

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by 1for1, Oct 18, 2011.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Howdy,

This ebay seller is listing those ugly 100 mills lunar balls 999 gold coated base metal rounds as 999 fine silver with 100 mills gold..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250909318989

"This is a No reserve Listing for one

1 oz. 24k Gold & .999 Silver

Lunar year of the SNAKE Chinese Zodiac Coin

40 mm x 3 mm Silver Surround with rasied zodiac symbols Gold insert with Mint Marking Rising Sun Mint on reverse

Silver surround with all signs and years including an artist picture in oberverse side

The retail sales price is $69.97 dollars"

This is a very misleading and quite basically highly dishonest listing.. people are paying over $30 for what i picked up at $1 each....

Beware guys.. Ive reported it to ebay but expect ZERO action, i have emailed seller but expect zero compliance.. this one will fool many esp given the sellers blatant lies.. no longer can you take sellers at their word.

1for1

2. BBQ

BBQ Member

Crooks make ebay lots of money.

3. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

That's right and it makes those greedy SOBs the same authentic money as authentic coins do SMH

4. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Execute him and move on. Alternatively setup a few new eBay accounts under the name of Donald duck etc and buy everything he has listed then send a message to him saying this will continue to happen until he stops conning people. That will sure put a stop to his antics.

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hey again mate,

Dosent ebay put draconinan measures in to ensure you cant set-up dummy accounts.. oh no thats right, they dont mind proxy bidding and fake accounts as long as the final success fee is higher.

eBay seem to allow anything that yeilds them money and if a user makes a complaint it will only get resolved if they see it effecting there bottom line.

Seller emailed me back sprouting some B/S i told him to tell ebay as id reported his listings.

Just hope no suckers got taken for a ride but people will learn one way or another.. just wish ebay would, they need punishment OR dedicated staff to address FAKE and DELIBERATE misleading listings. (wont happen cos its an expense HAHAHAHAHAH)

1for1

6. Matthew 26:14

You can set up as many eBay accounts as you like in as many fictitious names you can think of and bid on items (how dummy bids usually operate) but if someone pisses you off you can just buy every buy it now they have or win every auction and of course never pay. The seller will get back the eBay commission % for a non payment BUT the seller doesn't get back their listing fees. I'm sure a few wins and non payment on these 100 mills sales and non payment and a message to the seller about what they are doing will have an effect

7. Jrandom

Jrandom New Member

My girlfriend does a lot of eBaying and is pretty concerned about "playing by the rules". She says that selling anything stolen is going to get the Federalies on your case.

She has also had someone complain about an item which she had clearly labelled as a "sample", the lady got Paypal to refund her the money and my GF got screwed out of the sample and the cash. Her opinion is that eBay/Paypal will error on the side of the buyer.

8. Matthew 26:14

Thats why you link your paypal account not to your everyday bank account but a special one with nothing in it. When someone pays via
    Paypal you immediately take the money from paypal to your special bank account and then transfer it out to your everyday bank account. This means if someone complains to paypal and the go to take money out of your linked account there is nothing there to take and you don't get ripped off.

9. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's what I do,I don't post anything until the $ is in my pocket

10. Matthew 26:14

Yup i don't post a thing until it's out of my paypal account into my special purpose bank account. Then soon as I hit transfer into my everyday banking account I post the parcel.