ANDA Sydney Coin Fair August 20th and 21st anyone going?

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by kaz, Aug 8, 2011.

1. kaz

kaz New Member Silver Stacker

Is anyone going to the above fair and if so would they be willing to pick up the coin show specials?

Perth mint will have the silver proof :"Greater Blue Mountains" coin for $94.50 - limited mintage of 2500
    RAM will have the mobile press S counterstamp RAM's head (limited as well 2000 I think), I dont know if there will be a bridges coin, as has been the case from the other shows.

The fair is on at Shannon room, AJC Convention Centre, Royal Randwick Racecourse, Randwick each day from 10-6 on Sat, and 10-5 on Sunday.

www.anda.com.au for further info

2. Loxmyf

Loxmyf Member

I'm on call so can't leave town. I too would like a Greater Blue Mountains coin. Also if there's another Capital Bridges coin, I would like one of them too.

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

What's so good about the Greater Blue Mountains coin? Do these ANDA special releases usually get sold out on the day(s) really fast?

I recall seeing some listed on Perth Mint's website after they didn't move at the show.

Never been to one of these thingys, might go to this if I have time.

4. Loxmyf

Loxmyf Member

I'd rather pay $94.50 for one than $107 to start with. And a complete set of a series looks better in my collection than some missing.

They're a numismatic coin not straight bullion, so if you're into silver wholly and solely for the largest number of ounces, these aren't for you.

Other than that, numismatics are in the eye of the beholder.

5. kaz

kaz New Member Silver Stacker

well said Loxmyf + 1 to all that you have said.

The problem with trying to get them after the show is that there is no guarantee that they have not been all sold out, frequently though they are, and also they are cheaper from the show as loxmyf says.

The other thing they do mostly hold their numis value, whilst of course there have been exceptions and there is no certainty that this lot will, it is still a desirable object if one collects these things. To boot anyone who goes to the show has a chance to win door prizes of silver (and perhaps gold at times).

The other side of it if someone can help Loxmyf and myself out then there is the added "good feeling" of helping a fellow ss out.