AN IDEA - WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK !?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by THUCYDIDES79, Feb 14, 2011.

1. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Hello,

I had an idea and before proceeding with it wanted to hear your opinions and thoughts.
    Also if goldpelican for any reason thinks that it is a bad idea than i wont do it.

Was thinking of making an eBay listing with frequent precious metals words and in that listing
    to try and draw the attention of eBay sellers, ( initially and mainly aussie based sellers - the one's that still dont know SS exists !! )
    to come join the forum and that trades are happening here too, and that it is in common interest that they join our group.

If idea gets the green light, than we can compose here on the forum what sentences to write, and we can pick and choose what
    photo the listing would have.
    My previous "awareness" listing had the 4 Ducat gold coin and i after 10 days already 94 views and 4 watchers!!!, plus i occasionaly get
    an email from some eBay user thanking me and stuff and mentioning bad experiences regards mills silver and hge gold.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...2743&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1348wt_1057

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ebay might get the shits for advertising like that and it might bring heat on GP.

Maybe, dunno.

3. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Yeah I would participate, but would need the nod from GP first.

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

It's in violation of eBay rules to post auctions that aren't items for sale, and I like this forum to operate above-board. I don't mind however if people post links to the forum in their own auctions, or if you want to run your own info-auctions for things like 100 mills silver and include a reference there, but I'd prefer that auctions solely to promote this website were skipped.

Cheers for the thought though!

5. gnik1

gnik1 New Member

Do we really want these con artists here on the forum. As they may think they have a market here even though it is a pretty knowledgable one (BTW I don't classify my self in the knowledgeable category). Since they play the numbers game flood the forum with their crap hoping someone bites. More clean up for GP and the mods.

Edited added
    Not saying all Ebay sellers are con artists we only need one con artist to join and let his mates know.

6. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

with you on this one GP....to add to the legal problems.......cant see much benefit to the forum having more of a buy/sell emphasis than an information forum.......thats just MHO

7. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

No probs guys.

Than we will go with the safe route and only have references in listings where items are for sale.

8. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you have distilled water and you put a couple of drops of tap water in it, it still suits the purpose of distilled water. How many drops make it non-distilled and not suitable for its purpose. Just saying.

9. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

'sif GP needs more promotion for this site ..... almost at 1000 members!!! :p

10. zurnaik

zurnaik Member

Linking to the forums is still questionable wrt eBay policies

http://help.ebay.com.au/Help/Policies/Selling_-_listings/Links