Alt Coin Trading

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Golightly, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just thought I would try a sub thread specifically for discussion and opinions of up and coming new, or revived older coins

Tell us what coin your in this week and why.

and any tips you may have between exchanges.

I usually trade the smaller Alts in LTC as i find it has a lot more movement,

Also it can often break ahead of the BTC pairing which can at times be walled in by miners

Though with XPM, NMC PPC, and co i stick to BTC, too many numbers in prices otherwise. confusing

With the such excitement from doge over the last week It's revived both my enthusiasm (and spending money) for alts

I'm Now backing Mooncoin (Moon) to come strong, It's already gone up 4-5x in last in last few days to be worth .00000005 (from 1) so you will get about 25 mil per BTC

Also Worldcoin (WDC) is still high marketcap at 6th but has been in free fall for a week, It should come back I figure so I dabbled a little in that.

And Finally good old XPM, I always buy some when it's at it's bottom (around now) and sure enough every month or so it will go up by 2.5x., It's a solid coin so isnt going to fall off cliff..

Happy trading!!
    :)

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I just put 1 BTC into NXT - pattern with alts seems to be the biggest gains are very early on before too much awareness kicks in. Look at LTC - much like BTC, it's essentially "settled" into a price range. The micro-alts are where 1000% returns are still happening.

One might think it's easy to pump 10 BTC into them and let it turn into 100 BTC, viola, $100k in the bank, but liquidity is still an issue IMO with parcels of that value, and it's basically taking a $10k punt, which is a bit rich for my blood when it comes to alt coin speculation!

3. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

****Just a side note****

Lets please not pollute Silver Stackers with basic Troll Box style pump & dump posts (for my coins). That is what the Troll Boxes are for, IMO.

Many of us have experienced dramatic rises in value via alt coins and I know it can be exciting, especially for people whom have arrived later to crypto-currencies with a focus on making ground and profits.

Some posts just smack of a 'pump for my coin' IMO without anything else of value to offer others. I really don't know where the line is here myself, and I've perhaps made posts that resemble a 'pump'..sohey ! any thoughts?....is this an unpopular perspective.

edit>>>>>>what are your thoughts GP?.

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

5. Golightly

I wouldn't anticipate their is enough people in the forum regularly involved with trading alts to make it an effective means of a pump and dump.

It's more the fact their are so many alts out their that it's hard for one to stay on top of.

A pooled knowledge is (sometimes) a better one.

6. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

I agree with all of your points.
    I know you know the BTC-e Troll Box well enough. Sometimes it feels like people take the Troll Box to SS anyway.
    *I did not mean to hijack this thread, BTW!! :lol:

7. Golightly

Ha Yeah I love the troll box when things are quite, China is waking didn't you know? Fact is now cant even mention alts without getting banned..

Funny you say that I started this because I felt like I was hijacking other peoples threads with my dogemania !! :D:D:D

8. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

the multipool tells me to mine lottocoin today, beating out the doge

9. ninteno

ninteno Member

It sould be worth to test joining hashco for a month and dont use autosell against BTC. Instead of selling directly store all the coins they mine for you and wait 3-4 months.
    There should be a winner and some dead coins. But who is so strong to do that ???