All Ords Gold Stocks Index (XGD)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by finicky, Jun 24, 2014.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is looking really good I believe if current gold rally pushes the miners index over 2,500 convincingly. That would complete a head and shoulders 14 month base, and next test could be the roughly 2,700 for a higher high (already appear to have the higher low) Positive divergence from indicators (June - Dec 2013), indicators crossing neutral, all looks ok to me.

ASX Gold Stocks 4 YEAR WKLY
    [​IMG]

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Signs of change seem to be mounting.

Might be a tangent to discussion of ASX gold stocks, but why would an Index of smaller gold stocks on the Toronto exchange in Canada look like its putting in a bottom?

Stewart Thompson has bought heavily into a Canadian Gold stocks etf - BMO Junior Gold Index ETF, ticker: ZJG on the TSX. It comprises Juniour Gold stocks that are 92% Canadian, remainder US companies - see link for largest holdings of the etf. Stewart Thompson has used this ETF as a way to invest in his belief that Gold's bull market has resumed, and check the article out for where he visualizes Gold going in H1 2015:
    http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_s/thomson_s_062414.html

Great looking chart for the potential of reversal - ZJG, and it reminds me of the charts of some Australian Gold stocks and our own index (XGD)

[​IMG]