Aliens and Temples of Gold

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by Nugget, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Even if Alien Conspiracy Theories aren't your thing this video contains a section where gold is physically created in a modern day Lab

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnZzAJakYcs[/youtube]

2. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But I thought the aliens altered the DNA of apes so that we would be slave workers and extract the gold they wanted from the earth and that they'll be back later this year to collect it all. Maybe they should have spoken to the alchemists then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...cheological-plane-Peru.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    Gold of the Gods

3. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Amazing, I had know idea this had been accomplished. Great post! I always thought you needed a star roughly 4x the mass of our sun to go super nova to 'manufacture' gold. (see: http://www.valdosta.edu/~cbarnbau/astro_demos/stellar_evol/evol_3.html)

But like all the 'good' things in this universe it's an economic paradox. It takes 24 hours for a multi million dollar nuclear reactor to turn a minute amount of mercury into about $0.003 worth of gold. Like asteroid mining with estimated recovery cost many times more than recovering those same resources here on Earth. Or spending more energy to bring to the surface, coal that lies too deep or remote than what is contained in that coal itself.

4. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In my more paranoid moments I ponder the effect of a golden meteor shower rendering sovereigns about the value of penny collections.

5. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I can't believe the weird fantasies that people believe in. Aliens for heaven sake. The concept that there are populated planets in other galaxies. It amazes me the bizarre things that people believe. They had better stop this nonsense or else the invisible old man in the sky will get upset over the competition.

6. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But you'll miss great historical tidbits. By all means, roll your eyes at the UFO & alien parts, but to just watch the alchemy part (as awesome as it is) you'll do your goldbug-self a disservice.

7. Willow

Willow New Member

you are right Nugget, the story pre 13:00 is very cool and worth the watch.