Aftermath - Jim Rickards New Book

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by JulieW, Jan 2, 2021.

1. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jim is at it again and has another tome awaiting our pleasure.

The prediction involves January 2021 : "The Davos 2021 Forum, starting next January on the 26th, has been dubbed ‘The Great Reset’."

Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed, declares the World Economic Forum’s website. In short, we need a “Great Reset” of capitalism.

That’s why you need to get your hands on Aftermath ASAP.

The question is whether it will be an orderly process resulting from Davos 2021, or a chaotic one.

Unfortunately, Aftermath: Seven Secrets of Wealth Preservation in the Coming Chaos shows it will probably be the latter.

But there are ways to protect yourself. And there will even be specific opportunities that arise from the chaos.

I’m firmly convinced that if you follow the strategies outlined in Aftermath — even if you only decide to employ one or two of them, or take a handful of the steps I’ll recommend — you’ll be in a far better financial position when our financial system gets ‘reworked’.
    So, has anyone purchased this book yet? or gathered any insights from the texts? Rickards is a smart commentator imho and I'm always interested in what he has to say (Not so interested though to pay for the Xth revision of his original warning/plan about how to deal with the depredations of the global banking systems - which his last 5 or 6 volumes appear to regurgitate.

p.s. Daily Reckoning is the promoter in Australia.
    https://orders.agorafinancial.com.au/w1rsiafmbookb/PRSIWB01/index.htm?pageNumber=3

GoldenEye, ozcopper and 66rounds like this.
  2. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

So far he has almost a dozen books and his recent books started getting worse and worse feedback. Perhaps he's repeating the same old ideas in his books, just like in the interviews?

"The New Great Depression" only has 2.5 stars out of 5 on Book Depository, 4 stars on Amazon.

Some describe his new book as "dull". Pretty much this is how he speaks :D

I always listen to him, whenever something happens on the markets. Truly professional and with solid experience. Although, he keeps repeating himself all over again.

I've never read any of his books, but I have some of them on my list to buy next.

Someone whose books I've read, enjoyed, ...yet the constant repetitions in his interviews and lack of professional evolution has led me to abandon him was... was... was: ta-daaa: Jim Rogers.

3. slavaja

slavaja Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I got both the aftermath and the new great depression and tbh if your up to date with his interviews and podcasts there is not much new information in those books.

4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

^
    That is what I was thinking. He keeps repeating the old stuff. The intros of the books and the way the boos are presented, they seem to be simply adapted to newer/more actual phenomena.