Advice wanted Pearl Jewellery ?

Discussion in 'Jewellery & Gems' started by southerncross, Nov 19, 2012.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi all :)

So I want to get the little lady a pearl ring as a chrissy present but know nothing about pearls and most of the rings Ive seen are pretty grotesque.
    Does anyone know of any designs where the pearl is sort of flush or embedded within the setting instead of poking out and sitting off the finger, yet still petite and lady like?

The problem is finding a nice ring that is still functional in our day to day life of fighting with kids, animals, fishing, manual work etc that either wont get caught up in "things" and wont cost a finger.

Just after a smooth design but still something with a bit of class. Pearl quality, types, jewelers, cost ?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi sotherncross. I wear a pearl ring that I got made up for myself. The best way is to buy the pearl yourself and have the ring made. It cost me about $150 to get it made into a silver ring. If your in melbourne and want a gold ring made up go to Springvale... They'll charge you for the gold and only about $200 to make the ring.

another thing is that if you want an all natural pearl that is clean and good shape, be prepared to pay thousands.. The most common pearls are cultured pearls, they are beautiful and excellent value for money.

Good luck, pearl rings are awesome.

3. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Im in the Philippines going to the local market to load up on pearls most are cultured but genuine and ridiculously cheap hoping to trade some for silver when I return home.