Advice on unallocated

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Yeti Hunter, Aug 21, 2013.

1. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fee? do you mean premium perhaps? The premium when you buy and then when you redeem your unallocated?

There is no fee in GS Unallocated.

2. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

NO I that is not exactly what I mean I wanted to convert low premium in a mini allocated box into unallocated -- forfitting any premium was told no problems there would be no cost to do this by one person and it never got done -- enquired again and was going to be charged to buy it back ( @ spot) then re purchase it paying premiums again costing me.

IT would not have pissed me off as much if I was told that from the get go. But I was told no cost it wont be a problem I wated a week and it never happened. I called emailed again to be told something different.

3. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Did you discuss this with Ben as he asked earlier?

4. Court Jester

Ben was the first person I asked. And Yes I sent him a PM.

Im not having a go at GS but it does annoy me when I am told different things and nothing happens after being told it will.

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Give it a chance please - it's the weekend, we process unallocated a couple of days a week. Been a bit flatout loading a 2014 catalog late last week and I handle the special requests, so it will get done on Monday.

Thought we had sorted this out Thursday afternoon. Anyway will take this offline as this thread isn't a customer support thread.

6. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Nothing is easy when dealing with difficult people

7. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Im allocating some unallocated as we speak.

I can not fault Goldstackers. The Business is very well run and I have not had a problem with them yet over the course of several transactions.

I have purchased via unallocated, mini-allocated and physical and had no dramas with any of these methods. Any time there has been something I have needed to alter or adjust, or to clarify in any way I have been able to get it sorted via email.

They have times when they are flat-out busy, (April through June and also NOW spring to mind) but even then anything I have needed sorted has been attended to. When I have visited them they have always been busy and they aren't just sitting in an office with little to do. I realise that people's customer experiences will vary individually, but Ben and Mark and their Staff do a top job as far as Im concerned.

8. Court Jester

A big thanks to Ben for getting my issue sorted out even though he was very busy today with the horse release.

9. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Got my transaction done today. GP contacted me to make sure exactly what I was ordering and that it was to be paid via unallocated.

There is an option to either pay the extra premium with cash, or redeem the entire amount including premiums via unallocated (if you have enough to do so.)

Ive been out the back of Goldstackers....the friggen large safes are there and so is the PMs. Chances of a successful robbery are fairly close to zero, it would be easier to have a go at the Westpac Bank on the ground floor. ;)

I don't hold it, but I do own it. :)