Adelaide Exchange Jewelers - or BullionMark, BullionBourse

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Skyblues, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Skyblues

Skyblues Member

Hi,
    I will soon buy some silver coins however I am not sure the range and prices of AEJ. I appreciate if you could please share your experiences.

AEJ trading times from 10am to 5pm just does not work for me, I emailed them asking whether they have 1kg 2011 kooks (all 3) and bigger deals such as 100x1oz kooks.

Their website is poorly designed, the relevant page on their website does not specify the prices for coins. Actually only Sovereign .9167 and Krugerrand .9167 prices are showing, the rest of the information is about bars and spot prices.

I know that BullionMark and BullionBourse prices are quite competitive, I am wondering if

1-) AEJ would have products such as 1kg kooks and 100x1oz kooks available at a random visit
    2-) whether their prices would be better than BullionBourse and BullionMark, at this very second, BB sells 100x1oz kooks for $4116 + shipping, and BM sells for $4226 + shipping...Would AEJ be better than both of these prices?

The problem is I can only visit one of their shops in a weekend, and not sure whether their range and availability and price is an issue, especially on Saturdays. If it is not gonna be cheaper, I will just go ahead with the purchases as silver is on a bull run, having to bother with AEJ feels like quite inflexible. Is dealing/having to wait for AEJ really worth the price?

Kind regards,
    Sky

2. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. pete

pete New Member

Hello Skyblues, i have done a lot of buisness (buying/selling) through AEJ and premiums are quite high compared to sponsors/ sellers on this site. If you want the metal in one hand as the cash leaves the other though us Adelaideans dont have much choice also they dont buy in a quality range of new bullion like other states shops do its allways someones hand me downs. All this is ok but YOUR choice is limited to what THEY have.They get the best deals both ways.

4. Skyblues

Skyblues Member

Glad I asked for it, that got bought by someone else quite quickly Aurora, certainly will be on the lookout for your prices too.

Regarding AEJ, thanks for the response Pete, that was my impression too, so I will consider that impression confirmed unless there are some other perspectives on AEJ. Considering the inflexibility of having to go there and come back empty handed, or having to buy something you dont really wish to buy, I think I will just go ahead with finding the best price among Bullionmark, Bullionbourse, Aurora, ABC, PM and Ainslie...Not sure whether there are any other operational and flexible sellers, with whom I can happily transact via online in front of the laptop, who is responsive to emails as I cant make calls at work.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Member

You just gotta know how to schmooze the ladies ;)

6. Mud Gecko

Mud Gecko Active Member Silver Stacker

After a recent visit to Adelaide exchange jewellers, I was quite disappointed with their range and service, it was in my opinion below par. Not sure if it was just the day or if they're usually like that but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy silver from there.

7. shortstack

shortstack New Member

I have only bought 1966 50c at AEJ (Glenelg). I was disappointed with what they had. The price wasn't even that special at the time. Service rather ordinary. Sorry to take up their time..

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Please refrain from making personal comments about staff members of any business on the forum. Just had to remove a post - I DO get contacted by pissed off businesses on occasion.

9. pete

pete New Member

Sorry bout that Goldpelican. (freedom of speech n all that) Wont happen again!

10. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

In Australia, "n all that" includes defamation lawsuits. We don't have freedom of speech. We're liable for everything we commit to the internet.

11. pete

pete New Member

Okay, im getting back in my cage Goldpelican.(head turned down at my own disgust)

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Member

i'v never had a problem buying there, always have had good service, altho i havent purchased for a while.

I enjoy the ability to see and hold the metal and choose between the different bars they have in stock (even tho you have to ask if they have any)

13. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

aww. I think the best way to show a lack of support for someone who has bad customer service or isn't particularly friendly, is just to strike deals with fellow stackers instead. There are some great little deals floating about if you just look and ask. Our trusted dealers are here for us when we need to ditch large quantities of fiat! Thanks 'friendly trusted dealers'!
    .. in fact that's what I'm trying to do right now.. anyone able to sell me their 1 oz pm gold bar in certicard? My dealer can do 1471 inc. postage. No dramas if you're riding the gold wave and don't wanna let go. lol