According to Louise Yamada, it's over...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by barsenault, Oct 2, 2014.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

2. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Pray tell. What is holding up the US $???

Regards Errol 43

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

It's not the AUD? :D

For the US, fracking has created over 1 millions, has reduced out trade deficit and is really helping our economy. Even with our idiotic foreign wars, we are the best game in town at the moment. So, USD up.

barsenault, I saw that last night, but I didn't have the heart post it. I remember in 2009 and I think it was almost at the exact low, I watched a Louise Yamada interview. She stated the DOW would probably fall to 6000. It bottomed that day. She is a really good technician, but she isn't infallible. I certainly hope she is wrong this time too.

4. AG_FUND

AG_FUND New Member

Now is the time to buy silver and gold.
    Our research shows Gold dropping to as low as $700, and Silver $12.
    The rebound will be in 2015, or later like 2017.
    Strong dollar is depressing the prices.

chaganomics.com

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

If your research is showing gold and silver dropping another 43 & 30% respectively, why in the world are you saying now is the time to buy?

Why would you believe silver will drop less than gold and can you show a time period of longer than days/weeks where this happened?

Why either 2015 or 2017?

6. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

People like Peter Schiff, Mike Maloney, Jim Rogers, Marc Faber, Jim Rickards... and a long list of others will have a hard time giving explanations, if gold will continue this downward course. Which I think it will!

7. darkclark

darkclark New Member

yeah to the M
    O
    O
    O
    O
    N

8. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Why do you say that? Rogers has stated gold could easily go to the $900s. I don't think Rickards or Faber make short term gold price projections. Schiff and Maloney will say it doesn't matter or it's a conspiracy. I think the explanations will be easy for them. As to whether those explanations are believable is another issue. :)

9. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

You'll never get those answers because all they want is people acting according to it.
    We are now supposed to fullfill their prophecy by selling cheapskate to them.
    Then their "research" will deliver the opposite output and we'll be supposed to buy expensive from them.

Another motivation might be just attention. :p

10. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hey dccpa, I agree with you 100%. Rogers had been calling for lower prices for the last year, and did say 900.00 would come. He's proven right once again. He's a man of patience, and is the reason he's so succcessful, and yet acts quickly when the time is right. :) if silver goes to 9.00, I'm buying shots for everyone. LOL

11. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Ha! Love it!!

12. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Spoken like a true honest stacker....not a permabull!

13. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I read that article too. Like everything you read it goes into the mix and you then need to make a value judgement on all information gleaned. To my mind the trend may be true which leaves me with a dichotomy between trend and fundamentals, or basically short v long. Also economics aside, it's a challenge as wether to go mainstream or stick to the stacking doctrine. (I could not avoid the malapropism of the castrated ram.)

The smart operators will sell their total stack today, and buy back at the new bottom! Not being smart enough to pick the bottom, and also not really caring that much about making money, I'll keep buying on this new dip, happy in the thought that I'm accumulating silver at unimagined discounts happy in the knowledge that the Aussie bottom will be tempered by the exchange rate.

This time will also be a true test of semi numis v bullion. Will stackers be prepared to buy coins at over double spot or will they be more inclined to put their hard earned into quantity.

My call on this last quarter of the year is to keep buying and accumulating. I'm not rich enough to stack gold, so the GSR is of no great concern to me. Usually if the USD goes up, the AUD drops, so I'd buy local every time, from local dealers and coin shops. I still steer clear of numis and semi numis.

14. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Last night an attorney friend was talking about buying ammunition and I just came from the doctor's office, please clarify what you mean by shots? :)

15. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Louise has shown the monthly long term Dow:Gold ratio before and suggested it could have turned the corner, but how can we know its not like that fake-out reversal of the ratio during the mid 70's?

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_kwn_yamada_ii_10-2-2014.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

It's a balance of probabilities from her viewpoint, and must admit disheartened by her verdict.
    She's entitled to change her mind as the facts change, but she said this close to a turning point (she was using Dec 2011 Comex gold chart) ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY3h9QLeq5w[/youtube]

16. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's all about timing. The last bull market is over. There will be another eventually. It depends on whether you are prepared to wait. For Australians the likelihood of the dollar dropping a long way is even more certain than a fall in metals prices.

17. finicky

I don't buy it yet. It's useful to distinguish between secular and cyclical, and I don't buy yet that the secular bull market in gold is over. The tide could turn any time or maybe down around $1000 give or take $100. Just my view - I'm not convinced.

18. finicky

Here's an interesting take on the Dow:Gold ratio chart from sharelynx. It's updated to Sept 2014. He draws a rising channel for the ratio (shaded green) to capture most of the historical action and also a midline.

Note how in the 70's gold bull, right in the middle of that secular bull in the mid 1970's, the ratio 'faked' a rise up as far as the mid line. Today it would have to rise above a ratio of twenty (20) to do that. It is currently only about 14

There's still loads of room for US large cap stocks to rise against gold and allow the chance of a gold bull continuation by this argument.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://www.sharelynx.com/chartstemp/DowGoldRatio.php

19. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

That chart was my a major reason I bought gold in the last few years. Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to retest the mid range of the channel at over 20-1. Unfortunately that would equate to gold at $8-900. Let's hope the retest doesn't take too many years. In 2010, I roughed a calculation of a DOW-GOLD low at about .67-1 in 2015. That does not appear likely at all now. Another 3-4 years might drop the ratio to .6-1.

20. finicky

In spite of claims otherwise, there doesn't seem to be a consistent relationship between stocks and gold. Sometimes they go up together for extended periods? So why couldn't the Dow:Gold ratio increase with gold actually increasing but Dow increasing at faster rate?

Also the appearance that the ratio has further to rise to at least mid-line of +20 doesn't mean that it has to happen. It's not certain

DJIA:GLD comparison decade chart
    Note that DJIA and GLD both fell together in 2008, and both rose together 2009-2011
    [​IMG]