About this 1990 1 Oz Panda.. (originally posted in silver coin forum)

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by silentMove1, Mar 25, 2014.

1. silentMove1

silentMove1 New Member

Hello SilverSacker Community,
    I recently bought a 1990 Panda for what I consider to be a very good price from someone online with a very good reputation. Still, I have concerns that this coin might not be real... not only because the price was low ($47 USD including delivery), but also the weight seems to be slightly less heavy than my 2014 pandas (although that might be a capsule difference, not sure?), and also I notice a pinkish toning on the coin (although not really pink but not a regular toning that I see in my other older coins). I also do not want to open the plastic envelope and inspect it closer being that iI would perhaps devalue the worth of the coin. I also checked for imperfections and compared it to both real and known fake coins of this type but I found nothing that would determine that this coin might be fake.... So I am posting photos of the coin to see if someone in the community can perhaps help me determine if this coin is indeed real or not.... any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your comments! :cool:

[​IMG]
    Source: [​IMG]
    Source:

PS... I actually bought three coins from the seller and this is one of them... this coin however I have the most doubts about.... Thanks!

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

They look real to me, based on comparison to the real thing. Yannus, the resident expert will shed more light. :)

3. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Temple side pic is a little too blurry... but it looks good so far :)