ABC "absolutely interested in buying the Perth Mint" if it is sold off

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by SpacePete, May 31, 2016.

1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perfect coin? Mint Libertads.

2. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fifties, please!

3. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perfection in coin minting is a relative term. Milk spots are an absolute. Funny with all the high tech equipment, $27 Million of new equipment and staff falling over each other they cant fix this tiny problem - in reality it is worse than ever. According to the Perth Mint they don't even know what causes these spots lol. Funny, the proof coins don't get them, chemically they are Silver Chloride yet no one can fix this? The 1kg bullion kookaburras this year were birds flying through a blizzard. When I asked the lady at the PM to swap the milky coin - I was told its just bullion. My reply was for her to swap it for a bar and refund me the premium if its just bullion. Perth Mint continually ignores this issue and so seriously damages their reputation and I believe future sales. Like most government or kwazi- government organizations they hate solving real issues after all the tax payer will take the fall, not them.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The board would be sacked due to a No-Confidence vote.

Surely the CEO has had plenty of time to allocate funds to fix the milk-spot issue and fwiw, if he did have to answer to shareholders he would be asked..."Please Explain".

Leadership is about producing outcomes. I thought that's what a CEO did??? :|

5. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Mints don't *want* to fix this.

And why should they, if buyers keep buying, anyway?

It would mean the mints would need to slow down & do a proper job -- and that would negatively affect their bottom line & the execs' pay-checks.

Just keep cranking out the crap. And buyers will keep buying it.

Heck, they don't even *need* to fix this, really.

Anyway, it's funny, but my modern poured silver NEVER gets milk-spots. And some smiths are doing a great job producing some really cool stuff these days. Plus I get to get my grubby little hands all over these pieces & not give two sh|ts. I happily send these smiths my fiat, instead.

I'm also a collector of old coins. Again, funnily enough: No milk-spots. They must have had some pretty kick-ass clean-rooms back a few centuries ago, eh? ;)

6. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:( :(