A Whole Lot Of Uncivilized People Out There...

Discussion in 'Gold' started by thatguy, May 6, 2012.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

2. Reggie Perrin

Reggie Perrin New Member

I wonder how much of the fall in ETF paper is due to, or a result of, the MF Global collapse? and, assuming I've read the graph correctly, I would have thought there would have been more money invested in paper than in physical.

or is it a literal measurement of how heavy all the ETF paper is? After all Paper is lighter than Gold. :)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The adage of a stacker has always held true : If you cannot hold it, you don't own it.

These immortal words will be repeated adnauseum and be the lamentation of hindsight for many in the years to come.

4. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

As I understand it,alot more gold coins and bars are being bought by the public so thats a good thing right?Commentators of PMs have a long history of being wrong.My question would be if so many are buying Pms as opposed to efts,why is the price staying so low?

5. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Does that graph account for demand for physical from ETFs and other paper products?

All those paper products need physical to back them, so demand for paper means there is an equal demand for physical and that could lead to some demand being counted twice.

The graph also only shows "ETFs" which presumably don't count private paper products like, for example, the Perth Mint's Unallocated product - it's still paper and it still needs physical to back it but any increase in demand would only show up as physical rather than as paper.