A simple idea. Could this work?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Lunty, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Lunty

Lunty New Member Silver Stacker

2. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will throw my 2 bobs worth in as I think it has merit.

One of the things I have noticed with a lot of online Bullion Dealers, to be a "Window Shopper" looking for best price you won't get inside the door to see the price unless you already have an account set-up. That to me would be a pain if I was only just interested in price. Why are there only Ebay listings shown on the Supermarket Website that House showed? I would suggest it is linked to the search terms when spidering. No idea how many Dealers in Australia. However, if I was contemplating something like this, my aim would be to get as many Dealers on the site as soon as possible to make it work. Therefore, I would not be initially charging a percentage or fee to them. I would make it Free. They would need to provide you with percentage mark-up above spot for each of their products. You would need to have live pricing similar to BullionList, whereby your site would automatically update product prices based on each Dealer's mark-up. The customer would need to either call the Dealer direct for bulk purchase or via email. I would expect a lot of Dealers would not be prepared to give you their percentage mark-up. Assuming you were able to get some on board and the site was starting to bring some traffic and importantly customers, you may want to offer Dealers for a fee, the opportunity to provide images for each product. Then, as the site grows you may want to offer Dealers Sponsored Advertisements. Importantly, it's Advertisements that keep sites running.

To build something like that and aim for good traffic flow, you would need someone who is actively involved in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). That may mean including a Blogging and RSS Feeds using it for Facebook Business - Pinterest - Twitter. The idea is to generate traffic back to your website. I notice a few guys do it pretty well here including Bron and Bullion Baron.

You can get free shell websites to get it started.

http://www.wix.com/

Goodluck with it. :)