A scary prediction for the collapse of paper money

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Lucky, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...r-the-collapse-of-paper-money/article2237056/

Mr. Schlichter is the German-born, British-based author of a provocative and disturbing new book, Paper Money Collapse: The Folly of Elastic Money and the Coming Monetary Breakdown. An investment manager with JPMorgan, Merrill Lynch and Western Asset Management for 20 years, he quit to write his stern warning of an impending dollar doom

Mr. Schlichter thinks that the collapse of U.S., European and Japanese currencies will be the worst in history. It will be a collapse "of epic proportions.
    He says the world's major currencies are destined to crash. "The dollar, the euro and the yen are locked in a race to the bottom," he writes on his website, papermoneycollapse.com. The only question is which one crashes first.
    The worst is still to come. How much worse? Considerably worse, he says, than the Great Depression.
    A collapse of paper money will be a momentous event," he writes. "It will produce a transfer of wealth of historic proportions." But it does not mean the end of civilization. All wealth is not illusion. And real wealth will survive.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Pessimism sells as well as optimism

There might be truth in what he says but anyone who reads history will already know what's being said

The only thing that matters is where your cards stand when the accounting needs to be made

Even during humanities darkest hours have fortunes been made

I would expect a fiat collapse to be no different

Now this joker is simply cashing in on the mood of the moment with some name dropping to talk up sales

Smart bloke I'm sure, but if he's worked for those companies for as long as he claims I don't doubt he's already financially secure, hence the reason for such a "tell all" work stems from profit, nothing more