A PM with no moral authority?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

What is the impact of a Prime Minister who lacks moral authority? With the carbon tax legislation being passed this week, the news this weekend is not positive.

The Age this morning ponders:

Here's the video of the incident. It is distressing to see a PM with such low moral authority that she is openly disrespected as a liar and whose only defence is the same mind numbing political speak she uses to confound anyone who attempts a direct question.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeeXVz2zSOE[/youtube]

2. Nukz

Nukz New Member

I'm not a fan of Gillard but to be honest when i first saw this on the news i found this painful to even watch.

The interesting thing is in Melbourne there is a real dislike/hate for Gillard no matter who i speak to. There's people angry about the carbon tax for multiple reasons her supporters are angry because they see it simply as a wealth re-distribution, Abbot's followers don't see climate change, and the Greens don't think she priced carbon high enough.

Theres also another group of people over all partys who are still not over the whole Rudd knifing incident.

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I don't think this thread will be up too much longer...

Discussions around carbon tax, "climate change" and politics in general are now effectively being muzzled.

It's a pity though since these topics directly affect our financial well being...

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Maybe you should have a close look at who the most prolific poster in the closed threads always is.

It's not the topics being muzzled - it's the lack of respect for other members.

Since inception though, pure political threads have been discouraged on Silver Stackers, as this forum was born from a need to have a precious metals forum that WASN'T continually derailed by political arguments like Kitco. The vast majority of feedback over the last two years has been overwhelmingly in support of this stance.

5. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't like Gillard all that much either but I do empathise w her situation, can anybody honestly say that any politician of any party would not have done the same? One hand, be prime minister while pushing an agenda similar to your own or keep your promise and face another election which you actually lost w/o greens support. I think to be honest, anyone in that situation would have done the same.

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

no worries...

I'm loathe to be the cause of others being prevented from freely expressing their views around here, so henceforth i'll refrain from posting anything in these threads

7. hem9

I think gp just meant that you should quit the personal attacks to other member and stick to the subject.

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Care to point out which member(s) I was personally attacking here?

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-11831-i-salute-you.html

Make up your own mind mate...

9. hem9

There is a reason GP posted that. If you don't think you are "disrespecting or attacking" anybody personally that is your opinion, but you associate w others in a forum which do think that hence the reprimand by the administrator.

10. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

...and another thread derailed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.