7 minutes out of your life

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Silverlicious, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Silverlicious

Silverlicious Member

So, take 7 minutes out of your life to learn why you are still holding on to your silver. If you think this won't happen here, then you better take a reality check.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ubJp6rmUYM[/youtube]

2. Silverlicious

Silverlicious Member

Best you be young and strong enough to manage a pick and shovel. The REALITY is in this video, is if you can't use a pick an shovel, even if you are OLD, you will DIE.

Sad, but that's the reality some worlds face. We are spoiled here in this country, but this misery is knocking on our door. If you disagree, you are an uneducated fool.

3. goanna

goanna Member Silver Stacker

Have done panning in the Grampians for six weeks at a stretch.
    It's back breaking work and I was less than 30 years old at the time.

4. Silverlicious

Silverlicious Member

Umm, so what's your point?

5. goanna

That what the video is saying that the old, the sick and the very young would not make it.

6. Silverlicious

Silverlicious Member

Exactly. So imagine having to work in the Grampians as you did, 7 days a week, just to survive. I'm sure you had alternative means to survive, but what if you didn't, as these people are faced with. That is the point here and why your precious shiny shit might just someday deliver you neanderthals a profit.

7. goanna

why the aggro?

8. Silverlicious

Silverlicious Member

Agro? Is that how I come across? I'm just telling it as it is. And if the Grampians have delivered you a low blow, then I'm thinking one needs to just suck it up. And yes, the word "Princess" does come to mind. Sorry bud, you just haven't stuck my heart string.

9. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Killing, burning and driving out white farmers and businessmen and seizing foreign owned companies seemed like a good idea at the time though.

10. Silverlicious

Silverlicious Member

Dude, don't be so cryptic. What is your point? Please elaborate.

11. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Good video. Thanks for posting.

But you're an A-hole.

12. goanna

Neanderthals died out years ago so I doubt you tell it like it is.
    Read into it what you will, trolling seems to be the name of the game here.

13. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

It's not cryptic. Caput Lupinum is talking about the recent history of Zimbabwe. From your comment #10 can we assume you don't know it, or know much of it?

The narrator gives three clues:

1) President Mugabe is the cause of the suffering,
    2) The narrator has been campaigning against Mugabe for 10 years,
    3) Zimbabwe used to have the best educated children of Africa (Don't know if that's true but they were up the top at some point).

Just over 15 years ago, Mugabe began a 'land reform' program where land was taken and given to his supporters. The most prominent of these were white farmers who he had a grudge against, but also black Zimbabweans who were his political opponents or refused to vote for his party, ZANU-PF. The immediate effect was the working farms that were the food basket of southern Africa, and produced tobacco for export and underpinned the economy, were closed.

Their closure meant their skilled (Black) workers were killed while resisting or turfed out and made unemployed. The land, machinery and livestock 'redistributed' to people with little or no knowedge of how to work it. The recipients were supposed to become subsistence farmers, even though that practice is the cause of much of the worlds' poverty amongst agrarian societies. A lot of the land went to people with political connectioos to ZANU-PF and the outcome was the same - much productive land kept productive by previously good land management or animal husbandry became fallow within a couple of years.

Much of the capital used in the farming industry fled the country, followed by the urban capital. Shortages of foodstuffs, caused by Mugabe's policies, led to ruinous hyperinflation that at its' peak saw 1million percent annual inflation and the printing of worthless Trillion Dollar notes of the Zimbabwe Dollar. You can buy them on Ebay as a collectors item, they don't cost much and have a thread dedicated to them here on Silver Stackers.

When the land theft policy had been going for a couple of years I saw a good film made by a BBC or Channel 4 (UK) journalist who had a connection with Zimbabwe stretching back to the days it was called Rhodesia and had white minority government. Bear in mind this was about 1998 and already the schoolteachers were being unpaid because local governments had no money and hospitals had no equipment at all. The journalist was often in tears as he went around and saw first hand the nation he loved going backwards before his eyes. A quote from some white farmers he interviewed stuck with me when I watched it and they stuck with me:

I don't want to be condescending but this video you have linked, as informative as it is, needs to be watched in the context of the recent history of Zimbabwe.

14. ArgentaLupa

ArgentaLupa New Member

How does that video teach people why they are holding silver? Silver isn't mentioned once. All I heard was 'gold, gold, gold' If anyone based their holding of precious metals on that video they'd dump all their silver and get gold instead.

15. AGmagic

AGmagic New Member

That video is old. I think things will be much worse than if something were to happen in an event like such. Maybe a lot more crime first before people start cannibalizing on each other.

16. I'll keep my seven minutes for something that's actually relevant to me.

17. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Excellent video Silverlicious, thanks for sharing.

A must view imo.

H

18. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"if you can't use a pick an shovel, even if you are OLD, you will DIE."

SIGH!

OC

19. Very, very true though.
    I have just come in from some pick an shovel work and there's plenty more waiting for me when the rain stops again.
    I find it pays to stay in touch with the reality that life was not meant to be easy and an imminent correction is way overdue.
    I remind myself of this fact almost every day, either building or gardening.
    One thing I will not do is take advice or example from Zimbabwe.
    My Uncle served in the army stationed in Africa during the Mau Mau incident in Kenya among other nasties and gave me a very good insight to the problems faced by Africa.
    Murdering the "evil" white farmers and their families then looting the entire country, selling irrigation pipes for scrap metal, slaughtering all the cattle including breeding stock and systematically destroying all infrastructure, was perhaps not such a smart move.

20. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

No reference to silver at all. Seems to a compelling case to hold gold not silver