$500/ Month Silver Savings Plan

Discussion in 'Silver' started by excalibur, Aug 6, 2013.

1. excalibur

excalibur Member Silver Stacker

Hi Stackers, I stack silver as a form of compulsory savings vs investment.

I have found that if I buy silver then it's money saved vs blown.

I have a current monthly surplus for silver of around $500/month and a time frame of 10-15 years when I would look to cash out for retirement "blow" money.

Being fairly new to this (I have 65 oz so far), I have been buying a variety of 1 oz coins - mainly Kooks, and a few odds and sods- Fiji Taku, Pandas- 1x 5 oz Noah's Ark - 1x 10oz kook etc.

Just buying whatever I think is a good buy at the time. Not sure how sound this strategy is with cash out goal in 10-15 years.

Question??

What do you think is the best silver to stack with a plan for bulk cash out in 10 - 15 years??

2. That sounds like a good plan to me.
    Many can relate to stacking a bit for a rainy day in such a way that it's difficult to spontaneously blow it on useless crap.
    Just another financial benefit that is not often brought up but is very meaningful all the same.
    As for the best silver, that's probably more a case of personal preference which will change over time.
    Diversification of your stack is a natural evolution which will take care of itself over time.
    The only suggestion I have is shiny metal with a silver appearance in various sizes, shapes and weights that you find attractive and like to take out and fondle occasionally.
    And don't over commit in your plan! You don't want to be forced to sell some of your metal at a loss in an unforeseen emergency.
    Keep enough Fiat in hand to live on.
    Hope that helps.

3. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

Its great to have a plan and putting your money in silver is a great way of preventing you from blowing it, kinda like frezzing your credit card in a block of ice.
    Just a small suggestion how about adding a gram or two of gold to the monthly savings plan. I know its only small and doesn't feel as heafty as silver but a little bit of the yellow stuff in your stack may give you a nice boost when you cash out.

4. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Yes, sounds like a good plan...

500 $ per month is a good sum to invest.

I advise you to go primarily for the silver content, but do buy a few coins for the sake of future numismatic value. After all, it's the silver content that should primarily count.

Honestly, I'd focus on the cheapest coins (like: Maple Leaves), Kooks and Pandas would be the second choice for the sake of numismatic potential.

Don't forget bars.

10 oz Kookaburras and 1 kg Kookaburras can be a good buy. I saw a dealer offering them at fantastic price above spot - a lot cheaper to buy a larger amount than individual 1 oz coins.

Also, I think it's good to watch the charts on a daily basis and buy when it's low. Putting 500 $ away each month is great, but blowing it away each month every time on silver might not be the best option.

I'd hold the money until it goes low, then I'd enter. Right now I think silver is a good buy!

5. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Personally, I don't think you have 10-15 years of stacking time left.

6. excalibur

That's something I was looking at . By the time you pay freight and premium on 10 x 1oz coins you are better off with 1 x 10 oz coin??

7. excalibur

What do you mean Boston??

8. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Whilst I hope that I am wrong.

Looking at the pace of current events, I would be surprised if we are not in a full blown depression that would eclipse the 'Great 1929-30's Depression' within 5 years. I hope that your current job, or skills, is depression proof, as many aren't!

9. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

+1

10. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

My silver savings plan is stacking $500 / bottom