$5 Silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SliderC, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Rising prices tend to curb down industrial demand.
    Which changes the question to whether or not industry finds more alternatives relative to todays situation.
    To use a smallish example to illustrate what I mean: remember the early days of the writable cd? There were versions with a gold layer and a silver layer (because this protected the data for a longer period / more resistent to damaging influences). These cdr's were very expensive relative to today (although todays prices now include hefty fees based on the excuse that they're used to copy verious data like music/movies illegal). This curbed demand, and they started to use cheaper alternate materials than gold/silver. But this had the consequence of data life reduction. Sometimes this doesnt really matter (software getting outdated anyway) but for home movies and data, it's a pest, and requires one to regularly transfer the data to new media, which essentially adds to the original price tag that the data storage had. At some point, the hassle and cost starts to outweight the benefit of the original cheaper material. If you buy a 50 cd or dvd spindle in a supermmarket, one can expect to encounter data errors only a few years later, even when having stored them carefully and never touched them since.
    This same applies to worlds industry/economy. Look at the life span of products compared to the past. Look at how many times they have to be replaced compared to the past. Look at the degree that repair ceased to be an option. Even with the extremely efficient production processes of nowadays, look at how often car producers have to recall many thousands cars. Some blame the industry that it's consumption oriented, but it's the money for nothing clubbers theft that forced them on that road. It's that or ceasing business. The same reason that the amount small shops crippled over the decades, and that supermarkets have a profit margin of a mere percent on their turnover. How much further can they continue this trend? If I look at the ridiculous situations I sometimes see due to this, I'd say we passed the last point of continuation. In my country, trains fail when it's hot in the summer, when it's cold in the winter, when pieces fall off while driving, when rust appears on brandnew trains and when cables are stolen to get an income from the copper. Get the picture?

2. Pirocco

What is at the very least equally important, is how long such 50% fall, and 100% rise, will last.
    Just look at how some focus on that $50 in 1980 and $50 in 2011. Yet, the average price of 1980 was $16 while the average of 2011 was double that, $35.
    The average price of 1975-1985 was $8.9 and it was followed by 20 years $5, in a situation of huge economical advances (computers/automation/superbig machines/world markets)
    The average price of 2004-2014 is $18.12 and with another such huge economical advances, it could be $10 for 20 years. Without (which I think is the case), I see last decades average holding. Simply because the potential on profit elsewhere is then a sissy compared to the 1980 case. Rather the opposite, economical detoriation that happens faster and faster, until the central planning parasites eventually eat up eachother / give up, haha.

3. Cheepo

Cheepo New Member

Sounds like a pretty crappy country to me. England? :/

4. a1nipper

a1nipper New Member

I'm guessing France

5. BiGs

BiGs Active Member

Has to be Greece...

6. Pirocco

Lol 3 bad guesses, Belgium
    The country that some prominent EU central planning thieves named as 'example' for how the EU should become.

7. Regisilver

Regisilver New Member

Pirocco: When I first started visiting this forum, I would skip nearly all of your posts. I thought you were an arrogant, insufferable a s s !!

Now I am convinced you are insufferable, but I can't help but read every word. I have learned much.

Thank you!

8. Pirocco

My person is irrelevant.
    Is not important.
    Is not worth any point or any feeling.
    What matters is what I do, and that's sharing the things about silver and related, that I found out during the 2011-2014 period. Since I sold and sell my euro's for silver, my savings now depend on others on the silver market instead of on banks / governments. So, I try to help giving some clues, in the degree I'm able to, clues that I use for myself, and that may be of use to those that try the same as me. I see a market as a working-together, not some place to fill pockets to do nothing in return, like some others do. That's just me, 1 fish, in a school fish.
    So, if I appear arrogant / insufferable, then think of the 1 fish. It doesn't matter if it lives or dies. The school is big enough to continue with, and without. You say you have learnt much, regardless where one came from, that's what matters, and what I appreciate.