5 oz silver pandas

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by MoralHazard, Nov 7, 2015.

1. MoralHazard

MoralHazard Member

Hello

I have only stacked 1 oz silver pandas in the past and they seem to be one of the best government bullion when it comes to future price appreciation.

However I have now thought about getting at least one 5 oz silver panda each year when they become available. Not many bullion dealers (at least in my own area) seem to sell them. Therefore I do not have any idea what has been their usual price when they become available?
    I have now a change to buy 2014 and 2015 5 oz pandas for $195 (US-dollars) a piece. Can you help me to say is this a fair price to pay for these? I am not thinking myself the 5 oz coin as a investment but rather satisfy my collector desire for the pandas but of course it is not good to be the sucker overpaying for something. And it is always nice if there is a good change to get its own money back when it is time to sell these coins in the future.

Thanks a lot for your expertise in advance

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

195.00 for 5oz panda...id say they are either fake or you are stealing candy from a baby!!!

3. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

100% sure fake

4. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

I love it.
    People buying silver and looking at the coin appreciation INSTEAD of the silver price.
    Sure fire fail.
    I will tell you a sure fire way to make money with gold and silver bullion.
    When you buy PM's forget about the picture on the coin and think about where you expect the price of silver or gold to be when you sell.
    If you buy at $15 an ozt then you want to be selling for more than that.
    Simple?
    Yet so many people seem to lose money on bullion it blows my mind.
    The upside is i am one of those people that buy from the disillusioned .
    So for all those that bought at $30 and want to get out now (even though the downside is small) i will happily pay cash to take it off their hands .
    They have lost 50% of their investment and IMHO they only stand to lose another 20% from here tops and the upside is massive, yet they are all about the NOW.

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hmmm. You seem to think you are the only one making money buying and selling PM's. LMAO.

6. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's nice when your blob of silver grades PF70 - you tend to look at it differently.

7. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Price too cheap to make you worry

8. Razz

Razz Member

New in europe they cost 193 dollar like 180 euro so if u can buy them do it they are nice coins and bring a profit
    Not fake at all for this price i got some myself and payed 193 dollar new mintcondition with box and certificate .
    i think in the us and china u just overpay

9. Dutchgreener

Dutchgreener Member

Well tell us where!

Dutch

Ps: or only me ;)

10. Razz

Razz Member

Iam not here to promote some dealers so u need to surf on the net its all there when the new 5 oz comes the first batch-- my dealer send me a alert when they come --and this is the 2nd year i bought for these prices . now at the end of the year they cost around 210 euro still a good price for the 2014 and 2015 5 oz

11. andrewlee10

It can happen when first release when spot is low but not possible now. If u read his post he can get it now at 195 usd. U pay euro 210 now. So..... I only can think it is low quality, fake or the dealer depress for clearing stock or cash is crucial now.

12. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

You aren't promoting dealers, you would be helping fellow Stackers. Thanks for zilch LIAR :rolleyes:

13. Razz

Razz Member

he litlle man dont call me a liar iam just telling how it is fellow stackers like you i dont need .

14. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Typically, yeah, prices for these in the US can be high (even when it's the current-year model).

I had to go overseas for my 2014, which I got last year from a reputable dealer, because that's where it was cheapest. Recall I paid around $220-$225 USD.

Of course, at the time, spot was higher, and the "cheapest" in the US was something closer to $300. Apmex was even selling them for like $400? Eff that.

One of the larger US dealers must have been sitting on some inventory, and when spot came down a bit further, they eventually had them going much closer to what I paid.

But as somebody else mentioned earlier, you have to be wary of its condition.. Maybe these cheaper ones have some lovely milk-spots, and/or have already been picked-over from grading.

Not to mention fakes. One from China recently sold on eBay for under $100.. ;)

15. MoralHazard

MoralHazard Member

The coins came today. For me these look perfect coins and authentic. I also got an original invoice of the coins to a German coin shop that originally sold the coins for 185 and 195 when they were originally purchased. So the seller sold them for a slight loss when he sold them.

The 5 oz pandas are gorgeous! The 1 ounce coin is there for comparison purposes only.

Looking at the pictures do you feel they are still fake?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ninteno

ninteno Member

Looks fine to me too, good to have a original invoice. No worries.
    Do not open the caps to avoid spots on the proof coins

17. andrewlee10

If there is a receipt from reputable dealer it should be real.

The photo is not high resolution enough to see it. However, my feeling is it is real