$5,000 Gold And $300 Silver Are Credible Numbers

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Yippe-Ki-Ya, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

2. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Once I read that, I was hooked. Very interesting article that, however I think the 16:1 ratio is not going to be reflected in price overnight, if at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will adjust, but I'm not a believer in it adjusting to such lengths, though if I'm wrong (which I usually am) I'll be happy :)

3. OMS

OMS Member

The longer they keep printing money, lifting debt celings etc etc the higher silver and gold will go - they have lifted the US debt celing from about 6tn to 14tn in less then 6 years. The price you pay for declaring war on everything, low taxes and high debt. In that time pog has gone from 200 to 1500. a lot more to come
    The US will probably increase their debt celing to 20tn and this will def lead to pog slowly creeping to $2000

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

The GSR currently stands at 33.2 ...
    Do yourself a favour and plot GSR on the y-axis and date on the x-axis and plot the GSR for the past 12 months ...
    I believe 16:1 is actually quite conservative and more likely to reach 10:1 or less.

5. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

agreed

6. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That was 30 minutes ago gsr is 32.83 now

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol

i rest my case ...

8. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

and I stand humbly corrected... :)

9. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

I think I will sell when Gold is $4999 and Silver $299. That will definitely prove to my wife I am not crazy. :p

10. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Its no good selling it for confetti, which fiat currencies may well be by that time
    [​IMG]
    wikipedia

11. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

lol I have my multi coloured Canadian money, I don't think the CND is going to hyperinflate since we have so many commodities up in Canada land. Besides our national debt that is smaller than 1/3 of the US's 2011 budget deficit :p

12. Turk

Turk Active Member

Key paragraph - which every US citizens should blu tac to their bathroom mirror:

"When an entity is formed specifically to operate outside of the publicly-elected offices of government, but is given dominion over the most important property of the voting public - its money - and when that entity acts in direct opposition to the interests of the public - to whom it owes a fiduciary duty, then its status as 'government' or 'private' really becomes irrelevant. All that matters in terms of its identity is its treasonous and fraudulent activity."

13. euphoria

euphoria New Member

As do we here in Australia. The crack up of the US dollar will be far reaching and no one knows exactly how it will play out. I doubt that canada will remain a utopia for long if hyperinflation hits the us anymore than australia will. More so for canada as you share a border. If I was in the states I know where I would be going if hyperinflation hit.....

14. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

Yeah you're right, Canada wouldn't be so well off if the USD went to hell in a hand basket but hopefully by that time the USD would have lost world reserve currency status so everything else doesn't crash and burn.

15. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Do YOU trust the politicians and bankers to engineer a 'soft landing'?

16. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

Well Canadian banks at least know what they are doing, I think only 2 or 3 have only closed in something like 100 years and were not significantly affected by the 2008 crash. So I trust them, the politicians on the other hand...

17. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I was referring to the US banks and politicians. But birds of a feather...

18. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

You rest your case? o_O

19. perthsilver

perthsilver Member Silver Stacker

And the LOG scale makes it look even better than it actually was. Imagine trying to plot it using a linear scale. :D

20. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

And that is the point, isn't it. The BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa) have agreed to conduct trade outside of the USD. That leaves Japan, South Korea, Europe, North America, Australia and the Saudi Arabia wondering what the purchasing power of the USD as a reserve currency is worth. The FED is printing money like there's no tomorrow, Japan is a printing money worse than the FED (and the US Navy is evacuating), Europe is imploding under the weight of the PIGS, Saudi Arabia has just cut back on selling its oil (in USD), and Australia and Canada are praying that China keeps buying their resources (and would probably sell in Yaun if push came to shove) and South Korea needs exports to keep floating along and together with Japan and China are eying a 3-way FTA!

Trade ministers from S. Korea, China, Japan to meet on earthquake, FTA
    http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/business/2011/04/20/94/0502000000AEN20110420003800320F.HTML
    The USD is on borrowed time already. The world is re-aligning right before our eyes and that is having a significant on the demand for dollars.

[​IMG]
    Source: Kitco

Trouble is, they are all FIAT currencies and Gold (and Silver) will keep rising until central, manipulating, traitorous bankers and their money are removed from the game for what is to keep the values fair if Gold does not become the basis for trade? Does anyone think the Chinese politburo can be trusted to be an impartial arbiter of currency value? ha, ha, ha . . . the very thought makes me laugh. I suggest Pandora is out of the box and will not return from wence she came until Gold becomes the trusted basis for international trade. Now, just try and revalue gold to account for both global debts and GDP. What's the number?

That's not rhetorical. I know its is big and keeps on growing, but have no idea how big. Does it have 3, 4, 5 or more zeros on it?