4th Medal - World Heritage Series (Pics)

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by barsenault, Apr 20, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Start saving your pennies. These will probably open high and go higher. Only 100 Minted. This is not the actual medal. There is a bit more refining to do, but you get the idea. :D. Once again, it's beautiful art work done on the canvas of a precious metal. I think one of our resident experts can shed additional light on this medal/series - Andy. Not sure when these will come out. But I'm guessing in the next 4-6 weeks (??)

300g.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

I like it, especially the dragon pillar (which I bet pops!), and the back.

But in the 1st photo, something wrong.. Either upper part of background, and/or upper-left quadrant. Doesn't fit right. Detracts from it a bit.

Otherwise, very cool!

Subject of this one?

EDIT: After further review, I think they'd been better off with a sky scene (rising/setting sun, clouds, few small birds) at the upper portion of the background. Knock out a couple of the buildings on the upper left, too. Throw some Mother Nature into the mix..

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Stunning medal!

4. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those are the close photos of pattern brass medal of the 4th world heritage.

I yet to get the silver pattern medal photos.

The medal will be released in June tentatively.

Anyone love it approach me to express interest. Price yet to announce. estimate around USD550 - 680.

5. andrewlee10

Do you feel it is familiar of the dragon with pillar?

Anyone recall the temple of heaven by Poland Mints ? 999 mintage 3.2oz retail price at USD309.

https://firstcoincompany.com/S/all_...e-finish-2015-ultra-high-relief-concave-32-oz

This is also 4 layers high relief if I am not wrong. The details are more clear and outstanding. 300 gram which is 2 time more than the temple of heaven. 2 sides high relief with 2 designs.

Temple of heaven per oz USD103 vs world heritage per oz 73 (660/9oz). if it is below 600 or 600 it much lower per oz.

The first photo of the upper ground is the backyard of part of the Beijing Palace. I agree it should be sky or something simple to make it less complicated. However, I has no say in this medal design. Otherwise I will lobby the design like Gatito.

Subject of this medal. This is part of the world famous Beijing Palace. I need to check my old photo to identify which part of the palace. The palace is too big. I have been there for more than 3 times. However, I yet to complete visit 70% of the buildings inside the palace.

6. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for sharing friends! :)

Dragon lair looks interesting.

Andy, do you plan to take pre-orders for this?

I'm glad I don't plan my holidays in summer, but in winter. :D ;)

Edit: yeah maybe back could reminded a little bit less off Polish medal, but with dragon is much better. Also usually bigger medals are much more impressive.

7. mmissinglink

Agreed Andrew, this medal's depiction of the Temple of Heaven is far superior to the Poland Mint coin.

8. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

i lost 2pc in the delivery

9. mmissinglink

Sorry to hear that. Which carrier was used for delivery? If USPS then that could be a real problem even if it was insured. USPS is a disaster and they sometimes don't even pay when they loose a parcel and it's insured by them. USPS is the worst ever.

10. andrewlee10

I will take pre-order after I getting the price.

Another way is pay me 20% deposit by paypal with a guide price of [email protected] = SGD810. I will bill the balance if the price up or down. The only assurance is my selling price will not higher than ebay average selling price for the same medal.

The stock quantity confirm after getting from china. However, I should be able to get 10 to 15 pcs allocation

11. Stark

Any updates?

June is almost at the end and I think it should be already released?:)

12. KeepOnTrying!

KeepOnTrying! Member

Yes. And how about the 50 extra silver pieces of each of the first three medals of the series that were supposed to been minted when the initial 50 sold out? We need more transparency and information! Thanks.

13. andrewlee10

I did read the news in china only one dealer accept preoder without stating the price for the brass. Noone offer preorder for the silver at all.

I am also eager for this medal. It might delay due to the heap and hot of the gambling at those china coin, stamp and card electronics platform. They put less effort on this now.

14. andrewlee10

KOT,

Xi Shi planned mintage is 50 pieces for silver. Actual mints at year of issue was estimated not more than 15 pieces. Out of sudden it emerge in the market for another 25 pieces as I aware off. It has been almost sold out.

Will the mints produce the balance of 50 pieces of each of the first three medals is in questions? I will say official mints is more rigid than non0official mints. They need to go through more procedures than no official mints to mints the balances of the planned mintage.

I assume this apply to classical garden too.

I do not think any transparency can be done. I am not the person control all china medals.

It is the same the west hard to buy direct from china dealer with no webpage or ebay. They accept RMB in china only. They can list the item in local internet platform similar like ebay BUT there is no policy and rating like ebay. They might have no stock at all LOL.

I think is not easy for western collectors and buyers to affect their norm and practise of selling.

They use bare hand to play their medal. We are here talking keep in pouch or send directly to grade to avoid harmful to the medal. It is totally diff. culture and view point.

15. Stark

Thanks Andy. As always you provided useful information and revealed some interesting stuff that is probably less known to "Western" collector.

16. andrewlee10

I am going to post an article translation of forum about china medal. I agree with the author very much. I think our friend Mmsing will like it.

Sorry for not so active recently. Too busy with job and setting up the webpage with my newly established partner Barsenault. :D

17. mmissinglink

I like the new medal quite a lot. I like the whole series very much so far.

18. Stark

I think the webpage will be about Chinese medals?:)
    Please wait until the end of year otherwise prices will get too high.:) :p

As about mints. Royal Mint "accidentally" declared lower mintage than actual at least twice.
    Things are happening, some even worser like some politics, etc., because we the "common" people don't complain a lot or we are used to thinking that we cannot change anything or at least not make big difference...

19. andrewlee10

Hey guy,

I get back my second set world heritage 1,2 and 3 all PF69.

Therefore, I will list my Beijing Palace PF68 and Shenyang Palace PF69 for sell.

I left Shenyang Palace and Great wall in omp too. I cannot remember the pouch is intact or cut by me.

Yet to get any news of the 4th one till now.

20. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Like Andrew, I got mine back too. PF69. In hand. Ready to ship. See eBay listing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]