*** $37 USD ***

Discussion in 'Silver' started by THUCYDIDES79, Mar 20, 2011.

1. pete

pete New Member

Yes Turk.. agreed. But not all the rich are in play here? Yet. Surely? JPM cant be paying everyone ... 50%. So i wonder, why ar'nt the rest banging on the door of mints and refinery's ? At the verry least buying a Gazillion silver shares off the MAN for their handout every few months. So many different plans of attack/ample rich avail that could pull it off....just a few super company's deciding to go bullish on silver would send a tsunami effect in the PM scene.Its not adding up...why are the rest of the best (pun) not involved ???

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

No surprises - silver poked it's head above $36 USD and someone played whackamole with it.

3. millededge

millededge Active Member

There was an article recently in one of the more well frequented websites, by James turk, who argued that we haven't seen the mini blowoff yet, as silver has not gapped up in two successive days of trading

The graph in that article was a nice example of the exponential curve and concordant with that view

Turk is at odds with another guy who gets it right, though he is generally reserved about silver, Larry Edelson - he calls for a low of 23 sometime soon

I'd say that's overshooting and more likely, if rearview technical analysis has any substance, then 28 would be more likely

It seems likely that we haven't seen the highs of this round yet, though they may be led by gold

4. cdnmetalmetalhead

cdnmetalmetalhead New Member

That 36 resistance wall is strong.. must be made from some sort of blythanium alloy.

5. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

lol, blythanium ahaha :D

6. Turk

Turk Active Member

Pete, those who aren't milking the cow are buying physical silver in the dips. Take a look at how Sprott's Physical Silver Trust was set up - it took them months to get the silver they needed. Billionaires are VERY attuned to the fact that they a like elephants in the bathtub - they put one foot in an the bath overflows. You would like them to bump up silver for the good of stackers everywhere, but as soon as they do do THEY have to pay the higher price too. So the 'opportunity' that you see for them is not as real as you perhaps imagine. Also, silver is the POOR mans gold - these guys tend to buy gold more than silver as it is 40 times smaller and easier to store, and the market is much bigger. (Plus imagine the embarrassment ifs word got out "Oh! You're getting into SILVER are you? How quaint".)

One final issue is the selling side. When these billionaires go to sell their silver they will COLLAPSE the (relatively tiny) market - they will become the new JPM! Remember what happened when Bunker's plans all collapsed.

Do you REALLY want that to happen - especially when JPM are moldering in their grave, and silver is up to $500 per ounce and most of the stackers here are retired at 25?

(cdnmetalmetalhead: "Blythanium Alloy": +2)

7. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

That's an interesting perspective. It like people playing penny stocks. Theory play is easy, but real play moves the market.

8. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

I would love to have $500/oz silver and retire at 25, I hope the POS at least break $100 by the time I'm 25

9. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

i detect a rumble..... bumpity bump bump

10. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So, how many years do we have to wait? :D

11. RMP

RMP New Member

I'm hoping for freedom 30.....5 more years.

12. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

2016, it would be nice to have at least one degree and be retired by then :D

I have a good feeling that there is goin to be one helluva beat down tomorrow in New York. If that happens it think I will believe in the manipulation theories a bit more

13. pete

pete New Member

mmmm.. still not convinced Turk ol buddy. Profit is Profit full stop. (however quaint) Globally the consumption of silver increases across the board while production struggles to keep up,eating into reserves and do you really think those that are not involved really care once words out ..NO SILVER. The old "its all about me" factor kicks in and that new other percentage of late newby's start buying, fed reserves,the banks themselves once they realize fiats old news ,gov everywhere,conglomerates....those elephants are going to smell the silver in that bath like its the last drop of water in the desert and it will brimeth over anyway(forget the niceties).The world is a different place now than at any time in living memory and at any time strategies can come into play that totally change things (the unforeseens).We do live in interesting times!!

14. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

This little black duck turns 37 today! And he would very much appreciate $500 silver within three years... But not holding my breath... ;)

15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well Happy Birthday MelbBrad - may your future years be golden.

16. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Happy Birthday Dude :0p ...maybe Silver will hit 37 on the same day.....

17. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

all the best melbrad

18. pete

pete New Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU LITTLE BLACK DUCK YOU:)

19. cdnmetalmetalhead

cdnmetalmetalhead New Member

well, no 37 in 6 hours.. maybe in the next 24?

20. Turk

Turk Active Member

Happy Birthday MelBrad!

In three years time we'll be looking BACK at $500 per ounce. (That's only a twelve fold increase from today; the G/S ratio ALONE will give us a good tripling by then!)

(Meanwhile some people here will STILL be waiting for for that dip! - Not naming any names - You know who you are!)

I hope you have lots of those little silver drages on your cake. (Did you know that food additive E174 is pure 999 silver!)