36k rich Brits own 50% of all rural land

Discussion in 'Wealth Creation & Management' started by Byron, Dec 10, 2013.

1. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Bloody Irish!

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

AS,

So many genealogists come to a screaming halt at Ireland 1922 or so that it is rarely worth the effort to try and go on down that 'branch'. Even if you find a possible from some tiny corner it is almost impossible to prove it.

Same in Civil War England under Oliver Cromwell, 1648 - 1660. A common blank that cuts the line for best part of a generation. I am certain there are many BDM registers buried in churchyards all over England. Scotland is best, a gold mine of info in every entry.

OC

3. Old Codger

CC,

"Facts dont lie. Curious, do you think smoking causes cancer or is that bovine evacuation also? Try not to b a childish smart-arse!

"Not that bad, 400 Americans own more than half of that countries private wealth.
    Yes that's right, the top 400 Americans own more than 150,000,000 other Americans."

Links for VERIFIED data please!

Not sure if this is supposed to be a 'trick' claim. But having a huge apartment overlooking Central Park, and a big box of share certificates, does not make you one of the "400".

"Private Wealth", does that include all the property of all the churches in the USA? All the shares in all the Wall street companies, most of which are owned by Superannuation/Investment and other Pension Funds, and other companies?

How about all that farming land across America, most of which are owned by families, and have been for generations?

....or the roughly 70% of all the homes across America that are FULLY paid off, or being paid off by the occupier? Or rental properties being paid off my teh landlord? How about all the other assets like cars, boats, caravans, and lord knows what else. Not ALL are bought with borrowed money! All the private bank account balances? Not ALL Americans are up to the gills in credit card debt! Just the stupid ones!

I suppose you do not include all the state land and assets 'owned' by the US and State governments on behalf of "the People" That would give a different picture to the claim wouldn't it?

The old "1% and 99%" propaganda is and always has been BS, this claim is just another variation of it. Plenty of VERY rich people on this planet, overachievers usually do, and the underachievers end up with what they deserve, nothing. That is why they are in the lower 150,000,000. Unemployed crack addicts get NIL sympathy from me.

Their is NO such thing as equality anywhere in the US or Australia.

Your claim is bullshit!

OC

4. Old Codger

PS,

Just did a few calculations, and note that the TOP 10 landowners listed in the article in the UK account for only 1,242,000 acres out of 60 million. Number 10 on that list is just getting by on 69,000 acres. I assume it reduces drastically from there.

THEN we start talking about another 36,000 faceless and unnamed people who supposedly own much of the rest.

As I have pointed out in an earlier post, blame William the Conqueror!

OC

5. Old Codger

I suggest you get out of the kitchen mate!

6. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

That's ok, us Anglosaxons have to forgive him eventually.