$35 $36

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Miss Silver, May 23, 2011.

1. Miss Silver

Miss Silver New Member

Will it happen?
    My husband told me that this is the best thing to put some money into for a magic return but this was when it was $46 so will we see it again?

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

No so sell it to me, what ya got...

Seriously if you were in it for a 2 month get rich scheme then yes sell it, else it will kill you with stress

BUT if you in it for 2-5 yrs, just relax...

**EDIT** I hate $35USD silver GRRR!!! :p

3. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

It gonna go a heck of a lot higher then $46 in the next few years. Buy up while the dealers still have bars. ;)

4. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

I was talking to my bro in law during Easter while it was at its peak @48USish
    I told him my tip for the year : 'silver - look into it'.
    I don't like to spoon feed people, so i let them do their own research
    then it dropped 35%
    2 weeks later i was in Sydney again and him and his wife laughed at me....I was gutted. "What happened to your tip of the year, Silver huh? HAHAHAH"

I guess I should of said tip of the decade...lol. Anyway I KNOW ill get the last laugh...so i'm not too worried anymore.

5. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

I never tip gold or silver to anyone. Its my dirty little secret.

Whenever I am out somewhere or in a social situation and investments come up I put my RE hat on and talk about sub division of units and shares in BHP and banks, etc.

6. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Miss Silver - Yes it will go higher...2-5 years is a reasonable guess but none of us really know - too many changes in markets daily can either delay or accelerate...

unfunkable - if your Brother in Law had researched Silver he should have been over the moon with the drop of 35%! massive saving for a new stacker :)

As pointed out, this isn't a short term investment...so someone might ask, well I'll just invest at the last minute? Ok, you might be able to pull this off, but when the expansion happens, it will be violent. Dealers will either sell out quickly or they will close up shop keeping whats left and adding to there own stack. The price will gain momentum, dragging more and more people in until it implodes - oh yeh Silver/Gold will eventually Bubble then crash with some taking huge losses...

You need to learn all the 'pros and cons' and beware when and how to exploit them - this recent drop gave me more chance to add more ounces - the 'losses' are on paper until I sell...

silverfunk - I don't either until some asks me a direct question or seeks a new diversification and asks me what I'm doing - reply with commodies - if pushed further, suggest they go look through them all and fine which shows the most promise. Had a 3 out of 5 success rate with this :)

7. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

But there's nothing magic about it. A depleting resource in a sea of money printing maniacs (central bankers) forcing it to be remonetised as a precious metal by an increasingly concerned populace.

If you bought at $46, buying more now will lower your average purchase price (increasing your average margin as the price increases).

The longer it sits at $35 the less likely it is to go lower and the greater becomes its prospects for resuming its (nominal) growth in value.

A wise man that husband of yours.

8. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with a lot of what has been said; however, the big bonus for me is that whereas fiat meant nothing to me, silver has value. I am more inclined to put my spare cash into silver than blow it on any other recreation.

I reckon that in the last six months, after selling my bakelite phone collection on eBay plus other bits and pieces, I have stacked about $8,000 in silver that I would not otherwise had had.

9. samwang

samwang New Member

who can tell me when silver will fly away from 35??

sick of seeing it stuck at current level

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Arrrghhh Bakelitte phone collection..man thats the next big thing thats going to run hot!!!!

Can't believe you got rid of them :D in exchange for that stupid white metal

REDBACK

11. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What about that whole "end of QE2 thingy" that is due in June or July, isn't that expected to bring the price of silver crashing down again?

12. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

Come on samwang, it's absolultely tasty at its current level!

;)

13. CriticalSilver

For that matter, what about the debt implosion of Ireland, Greece, Spain, Portugal and the USA and all the money printing needed to inflate away their obligations? Won't that send Gold and Silver into the Oort Cloud?

There is no way that the USA can stop monetising it's debt inthe short term, which will mean that the USD will not last, because it will not survive an extended period of debasement. The BRICS nations, along with South Korea and Japan are all establishing programs to settle international trade transactions outside the USD. China is setting up commodity exchanges to trade commodities in Yuan.

It's blast off time baby. Either tomorrow, next week or next month. The international players are aligning to repudiate the USD. Even Zimbabwe is planning to get out of the USD as the US continues to monetise its own debt and raise its "debt ceiling'.

[​IMG]
    Source: http://jsmineset.com/

Think about it. They (the USA) continues to increase its debt level, while foriegn (China, et. al.) and Commerial (Pimco) buyers of US treasuries have become net sellers.

[​IMG]

Japan is a broken wreck liquifiying it's markets with a tsunami of freshly printing yen. European banking is a mess with the PIIGS owing more money than they can ever hope to repay to Germany, France and Britain.

[​IMG]
    Source: Originally from the Wall Street Journal

14. thehuckler

thehuckler New Member

That last pic is so ridiculous Gino!

What a ludicrous situation...

15. Ag

I want the pic with the Chinese Sub threatening to sell T Bill's as an Avatar! Love Gilbert but that's just plain humour...

@ Gino / forum - Can't read the author...where can I find more senseless economic humor like this?

16. CriticalSilver

17. Ag

Gino - HA! That has made my day...hehe no wonder I'm messing these gems if there in the Real Estate section:)

Cheers