$30 Silver ?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Stedlar, Dec 6, 2010.

1. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

GP I was getting the same thing as well, up until about 1 hour ago. Charts at top of the site not refreshing. Was for ounces, not kg, and for both gold and silver.

I didn't go and check goldprice.org though, to see if it showed the same thing :/

2. Guest

Guest Guest

If you already have a position and just waiting for prices to go to the moon, for sure.

But if you're on a short stack and still trying to buy, this is as welcome as seeing your pet cat run over by a bus.

:(

3. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

+1 - breaking the $30 barrier was bittersweet my meager stack says yay the big empty space next to it came over and kicked me in the plums......my eyes are still watering.

4. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

$30.07!!!!....we are there!!!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I'll keep buying through cost average as always, but as you go on, you'll get less and less and less for your hard earned dollar. You can see the stacking goal finish line down the path, but each raise in the market just means the finish line gets projected further and you have to either run faster to catch up, or plod along until you eventually admit defeat.

To the peasants like me who only buy based on after living expenses wage income, it's very painful to watch this.

It's like watching the damn housing market take off again whilst you're still trying to save enough to catch up.

My dreams of a 1000oz+ position are all but dead now. I'm just going to keep stacking as long as possible, but even 500oz at this point might not be possible depending on how fast Silver moves from here.

Some might be cheering this potential breakout, but for people like me who ARE aware but just without the means, this is actually a very sobering and depressing situation to be in.

6. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We've still got a long way to go yet. We just can't buy as much as we used to...but we'll still be buying more oz/$ now than when it's at $150/oz. Check out the threads from a year ago when we were whinging about $17 Silver :D

7. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

AusPM: what's your definition of a 'short stack?' or is it a case of never having enough? I've 60 x 1kg PAMP Suisse. Is that enough? If it goes to $AUD500/oz, I'm always going to say, "Gee, I wish I had 120kg!" Never -the-less, tis exciting times! I'm glad I got on when I did....but I could've got on earlier! Lol

8. duplo

duplo New Member

+1

I'll keep stacking ag as long as it's undervalued (and au), but my lofty goals might have to be scaled back a tad ;)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

This is my stack more or less today.

[​IMG]

60kgs @ $500 an ounce is a literally life changer. 2000 ounces of silver is a real position of note.

What I have is cigar money at best and if we get a breakout in the near future, my only claim to the event will be to say 'I saw it happen'

Hardly inspiring.

10. kaz

kaz New Member Silver Stacker

auspm
    take heart at least you are here (there), rather than where you were before you saw the "silver" light - no matter what we have it is better surely now than not to have had any at all. :D

11. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

auspm: you're here with us all, mate. I'm quite new to this forum, but I'm ever so glad I found it! It's exciting whilst being depressing at the same time. Conversations with friends re: PM usually go along the lines of, "oh, that'll never happen....where's your tin foil hat?... the govt/fed/magic genie will sort something out" you can't educate these ppl.

12. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

That ounce of gold could be your very best friend one day. 99% of the population aren't as lucky (especially once they're done selling their 9k jewellery for a fraction of spot to buy a new handbag).

13. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Will be interesting to see how the $30 level handles. Might be some resistance as its a psychological barrier (such a round number).

AusPM, I know how you feel. At least you have a hundred oz more then those that have zero.

Slam

14. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Member

your stack is totally inspiring, why? because you have a stack..your ahead of the curve. we all have different financial situations, some better than others so the inspiration shouldn't be the stack, but that we do. When people start buying silver, its finding others that do is what inspires them. You are one of them!

15. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

@auspm: too true, gp. i'll be looking @ yellow soon, i reckon. its quite funny, actually: reading alternate media now for a few yrs, they're the ones who get the calls right. not the mainstream. it's uncanny. i'll happily don a tin foil hat if it helps me make prudent decisions to survive/prosper.

16. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

norrin: thats what I'm trying to say. sorry. it is inspirational to hear the views aired in this forum. no one talks like this outside of here. keep on stackin'

17. predecimal

predecimal Guest

Auspm, as long as you bought all of it for less than $30.16 then all is good. The mere fact that you arent off in the carribean floating on your 200 foot yacht, tells me that like every other person, you have probably missed riding most of the other 976 various asset booms, from bottom to top, in the last 50 years.

In the 80's the Hunt brothers for a while wished they had more silver, then funny enough, after a while they wished they had a whole lot less.

18. Silver is Money

Silver is Money Member Silver Stacker

You know the old saying... the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence? Well anyone who has a stack of silver or gold is currently on the right side of the fence. So rather than lament on how much you could have, at least you have some, so congratulate yourself for taking action to put yourself in a better position in the future ;)

Yes the price WILL drop from time to time... and NO you won't always buy at the best price, but take it from me, being able to convince yourself to buy during times of price weakness is a VERY difficult to do. You always think you can get it at a better price next week. But, if you honestly think the price is going above $100 per once in the future, who cares if you can possibly buy it cheaper next month. In the long term a couple of bucks here or there really doesn't matter.

I started to look at buying silver in Oct 2008 when I was actully wathcing it trade under $9.00 USD per ounce, but I couldn't pull the trigger coz I believed it could go lower. Then when it got over $10.00 I was filthy, so I told myself that as soon as it got back to $9.00 I would grab a stack. Before I knew it, it was around $15.00 USD and that's when I decided to started grabing some while I could and I've been adding when I can ever since. At the time it appeared expensive, but now looking back I can't believe I got it so cheaply :D

Regardless of how much you have already accumulated (or about to accumulate), it's more than 99% of the population and you will be in a much better position to deal with what the future brings than most others.

19. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

I always maintain that the best way to accumulate wealth from stacking is to concentrate on numismatic value silver instead of standard bullion. I just did an estimated count up of my silver coin collection value based upon it's last eBay sale value. I'm sitting around $15k for only 100oz of silver, for most of my purchases I paid no more than around 20-30% over spot. I've only been collecting for three years & I'm very selective. By a nice bare coin, grade it or find the original box & COA. It beats a silver savings account for value if you ask me. A bit harder to do, also there's some risk involved in unseen purchases. The Chinese Silver Pandas are a stand out investment. EG: Standard 2000 Mirror BU Silver panda purchased 2007 for $48. Now worth at least $200.

20. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm amazed at the increasing prices paid for 1937 crowns. Now regularly getting $40 it seems.

I'm in two minds about the strategy though - one one hand numismatic value disappearing quickly, versus the floor of the silver price.

For instance when silver hits, say 50 an ounce, will that crown be getting 45 or still 40?