3 Bullion Releases Perth Mint 2012 - An Easy 1st, 2nd & 3rd

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by 1for1, Aug 31, 2011.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

This just occured to me but its extremely obvious... the best ones usually are.

I think that Perth Mints philosophy of 1oz silver bullion is to issue yearly at spot plus between $5-$10 from Perth Mint site etc.

2012 release A - Just 300,000 minted Different Animal each year, nice popular established demand and notoriously anticipated by followers
    2012 release B - 500,000 minted, very popular Australian bird - Famous to bullion collectors worldwide - Sold out before i got enough last year!
    2012 release C - A Marsupial - Dosile... Unlimited (but its the wildcard, COULD be low - highly likely mintages will be huge!)

All three bullion are COSTED THE SAME (up until 2011 anyway) yet there are clear reasons to preference A first, then B, then C.

I understand the Perth Mint set low mintage rules long ago and applaud the mint for sticking to them. I just see that the release C is a second rate investment and release B is not as good as release A.

Sorry if this has already been alluded too.

1for1

2. Blockhead

Blockhead Active Member

this whole 'perth mintages selling out' phenomenon is new and directly related to a staggering influx of recent investor demand into silver in the last 12 months, this year in particular. I don't think in 2008 they were thinking they'd be selling a million ounces of silver in 6 months so i don't truly believe it's some carefully thought out strategy to squeeze every last cent from us, if that is what you were implying.. i'm not completely sure i understand that point you are trying to make.

3. needler420

needler420 Member

The perth mint is becoming more of a mint for coin collectors vs precious metals investors.

They make really nice stuff but the majority of it is born with numismatic value.