$27 for a 5 gram coin to Brazil registered - Invest in Postage!!!!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by 1for1, Apr 23, 2012.

1. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Just went to the post office just wanting them to attach the intl reg post form and charge what i had charged and hoped would be $15.50 for Intl regsitered post... (very light flat item silver 6d)...

I was shocked when the lady told me it was $27 for the registered sticker.. i cant believe how much Australia Post now charges.. WTF??? She siad the prices just went up... Ok so now im not going to bother making my auctions open to overseas... who wants to pay $27 to send one coin..

If postage keeps going up that may be the end game for ebay and trading in general.. especially with the paypal rules where seller is responsible for goods undelivered..

UNBELIEVABLE...

1for1

2. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

It costs me like $20-$25 to ship registered to australia from the united states. Our post office is bankrupt so i expect that cost to go up. Much less without registered but then it' a hold your breath and hope game.

3. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

Insurance doesnt mean squat for gold and silver does it? I dont think any gov. Post office insurance covers it.

4. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No,they dont and even if you buy insurance ,that is only good if the package gets lost.No damage cover...funny huh:)

5. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Postage costs too much in Australia... it's true.

But that $27.50 covers up to 2kg for registered I believe so even if you send 2 rolls of Lunars it's still $27.50.

Just don't auction one coin I guess :p

And yes Australia Post are bastards for not offering more levels of tiered pricing on international postage and removing the under 250g for local registered post and merging it with 500g.

6. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Yep... this is exactly what got me... 5 grams or 500 grams... exactly no price difference.. that BS>>> wasnt it all about weight and space for the plane?

I like policies that make sense and this dosent.. so yeah ill ship 500 grams or heavy but no more one small coin auctions..

1for1

7. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

they used to have a red registered envelope for letters to overseas 12 $ or something like that could put small coins in that? see if they still have them?

as for paypal you can have all the paper work in the world doesn't change anything with them its never enough they do what they want its only for you so you can check its been delivered.