$240 To Spend! What whould you get?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Gucci, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Gucci

Gucci New Member

Hi! New to the forums. This year i'm starting a new stack for 2014. I first start years ago when Silver was around $12 bux. I'm only 20 years old but lucky for me I worked as an advertiser at 14years old since krogers didn't hire me and all my money went into all silver. Had no idea was it was I just happen to be on ebay looking for old dollars bills to buy but I liked the look over silver better and bought a big amount throughout that year. So I wanna buy some silver today. I'm not sure where to buy online yet. I was looking at the perth mint but that's not my kinda of silver although it looks pretty awesome. Then I checked out Apmex but there 2014 eagles where like $5 over spot. I don't know of any place to get silver. I ordered all of mine on ebay but when i search all i see is apmex and other bullion mints. Any recommendations of what you would spend the $240 on? And where to buy? I'm in Nashville TN BTW so there's no coin dealers.

2. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

3. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

4. banks kept their metals

banks kept their metals New Member

Franklin Sanders is in Tennessee.

http://the-moneychanger.com/about

I read Franklin's daily blog, every day. He has a system where you invest an amount every month in metals. You should look into that. It's one option anyhow.

5. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Unfortunately for the OP, Franklin Sanders website says:

:(

I suspect that's because Mr. Sanders had a legal disagreement about the applicability of Tennessee sales tax to bullion sales:

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-6th-circuit/1210816.html

Sales tax in Nashville (the OP's location) is 9.25% (7% state + 2.25% local tax) :(

Edited to add Sanders case and sales tax info

6. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For the OP, you probably want to buy online from an out-of-state bullion dealer, but don't forget to consider shipping costs. JM Bullion currently has a free shipping offer (disclaimer: I have no association with JM Bullion, please do your own research, etc).

What to buy for $240? You're looking at about 10oz of silver, perhaps a little more. My suggestion would be to buy 2 x 5oz America The Beautiful (ATB) coins, e.g. http://www.jmbullion.com/silver/silver-coins/america-the-beautiful-silver-coins/. Other stackers may have different suggestions.

7. DBCooper

DBCooper New Member

My next order is for Monarch Precious Metals cast bars. Getting a one, two, three, and five ounce bars would be a total of eleven ounces, just about what you have.

8. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Yea.. That sounds like a good plan..Another option would be 1oz Silver Eagles..They are only a little above spot in the USA.

Regards Errol 43

9. Gucci

Gucci New Member

I'm going to order from JM Bullion they beat Apmex since I'm ordering via debit card. I never did the check thing before where you have to mail a check to them. Sounds timely and costly. I was thinking of getting the 2014 10 oz Australian Silver Kookaburra

10. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

11. Gucci

Gucci New Member

I bought my Silver today when the market went to 18.90 today. JM Bullion site prices change every few seconds when the market changes and once I locked that price in It was a done deal. I plan on buying 3 kilos with my tax refund. Lucky for me us college students get a free $1000 using the American Opportunity Tax credit. (Schools free for me also. lucky me) I will just put the other $1000 bux with it of course. But I have been doing research and people are telling me it may be hard to sell kilo coins. Do you think I should go for it? I was either going to buy 3 kilos or 100 silver 2014 eagles. (1oz). I don't own any 1oz coins. This eagle will be my first one. I won 1oz(2x) bars other than everything is 10oz+. I didn't even plan on buying the eagle but there was money left over in the budget so might as well toss it end before 2013 end:D

The 3 Kilos coins were: 2014 1 Kilo Australian Silver Kookaburra, 2014 1 Kilo Australian Silver Horse, 2014 1 Kilo Australian Silver Koala (Assuming the spot prices are below $20 on Feb 1st)

[​IMG]