2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

^
    Hypocrisy and double-standards is the name of the game. But let's remember how much Russia promised they would not invade Ukraine, but eventually they did exactly like CNN, BBC and other mainstream media sources "promoted".

The question is whether Russia only wants a "calculated operation" in Ukraine or, if they went mad and want to attack NATO. No-one knows. There is too much manipulation on both sides.

So many sources are stating that "Russia has lost", "Russia is incapable to advance", but I think the destruction they have already caused Ukraine proves that in fact, Ukraine is destroyed. What remains is guerilla war, like in Syria.

It is sad to see all those civilian buildings demolished. It is astonishing. If this were a movie, I'd say it's exaggeration, but it's sadly true.

Regardless, the EU-US can still do a lot to defend itself, it's called CONFLICT PREVENTION. But almost everyone is saber-rattling.
    Poland and Hungary have helped millions of Ukrainians and other citizens taking refuge (others escaping back to their country), yet the EU wants to punish Poland and Hungary by cutting their EU funds (on false accusations regarding their legal system).

Meanwhile, Russia has moved the conflict towards western Ukraine. This is very worrying. I hope no-one is mad enough to start WW 3.

Someone who ask Putin what the hell he wants in order to stop the wat. Anyone can keep throwing accusations, but it would be useful to know what the Russians actually want to achieve. I doubt they have the power to "conquer Europe", but they are about to demolish Ukraine.

Holy mackerel! I think we're living in a movie...

Covid pandemic, lockdowns, Russia attacks Ukraine, Chinese social credit score system... Someone wake me up from this dream!

Real $ and Ipv6Ready like this.
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There are 3 real powers in the world, the rest are minor.

Germany-Ottoman
    Anglo-Saxon Commonwealth
    China-Russia

This war has pushed the first 2 powers together so the balance of power has tipped, so to speak.

3. sgbuyer

Ironically, we've made one big round back to the cold war with the rise of neo-communism. Cold War 2.0 is starting.

4. TreasureHunter

I would rewrite that:

MAJOR POWERS (from all points of view):
    Anglo-Saxon alliance (the only global power of the world)
    China (not a global power)
    Russia (not a global power)

I don't see China and Russia as allies - perhaps just temporarily...

MAJOR REGIONAL POWERS:
    France: nuclear power, more powerful military than Germany (yes, indeed)
    Germany: non-nuclear, impotent due to political weakness and decaying society, but massive industry and Europe's industrial engine, driving economy
    Turkey: Erdogan's ambition is to go nuclear (explicitly! and no-one is planning on "punishing" Erdogan like Saddam?)
    Israel: massive regional power, technological and quite a strong economy as well (closely linked to Europe, just like to the USA)
    Iran: as we know... despite the sanctions, it remains a major regional power
    Saudi Arabia: powerful ally of the US, financially and militarily strong
    Italy: powerful economy and military it is far more powerful than they show it (closer to Germany or France than to Spain, because Spain is merely "just a Sweden")
    South Korea: more powerful militarily than Japan and some predict it will go beyond Japan economically in several decades (not sur about that, but it's a perception)
    Pakistan: nukes and not only...
    India: as we know... but I think it's far below China militarily and economically, technologically, yet it's evolving fast and I think there's a tremendous potential in India!
    Japan: somewhat dwindled major power ("mutilated" militarily following WW II, but seems like Japan is re-arming)

(Brazil, Indonesia, Spain, Poland are negligible, closer to "weak" countries than to major regional powers, so the fact that most countries around them are weak,
    does not make them "major"...)

*notice that there is no "EU" or "Europe" in my list, because just like Kissinger said: "if I want to call Europe, whom do I call?"... plus: they all hate each other...

I hope this mad world calms down. Everyone loses in wars. WW 3 would reduce the world to rubble.

I don't want the world to end up like in the stone age through a "Mad Max" scenario. I like the Flintstones, but not looking forward to that kind of world. Perhaps the Jetsons are better! :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  5. TreasureHunter

I think we already had Cold War 2.0 for almost a decade and it degenerated into a "Russian Vietnam" in Ukraine. It is devastating and very sad.

Cold War 3.0 is the best scenario to come right now.
    World War 3.0 is the worst outlook.

I don't think there are any better options.

Cold War 3.0 means Russia-China team up and the EU-USA alliance will rival it. The problem is far bigger than during the original Cold War era.

6. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My wife and I live like this but i do have a job. You still need money to live in this world if you want certain things and have a quality of life in the civilized world.
    We werent ready to give up owning property, eating ice cream, driving a car, saving money and other basics.
    We have an outhouse for a bathroom, solar power, we carry water from the well and carry wood everyday and give up certain conveniences but none of it is that hard. Our home is 175 sq ft and its all we really need
    We have chickens and a garden but my wife stays home and does all that.
    We dont hunt for our food or go without anything we want and for us its just a tradeoff for more financial freedom.
    Our family thinks we are crazy but when you look at a third world country its nothing compared to how they live.
    We are pretty tight in just about every way and its just become our lifestyle now. The off grid living helps us alot and we are outdoor people anyway.

Real $ and TreasureHunter like this.
  7. TreasureHunter

George Friedman - says a bunch of things about Eurasia and about Ukraine:

Henry Kissinger - he's a relic, a living fossil, one of those "time travelers" who looked exactly the same 50 years ago and will look the same 50 years later:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  8. sgbuyer

Crazy WWI style fortifications

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 7.30.10 pm.png

So Lizzie has been in Ukraine and not isolating after all?

Attached Files:

heartastack likes this.
  10. mmm....shiney!

Completely off-topic but what sort of wild life do you have in your area?

We've got your usual small mammals, snakes, billions of birds, bats, a mongrel fox or two, grey kangaroos and occasionally a crocodile or two (not that I've seen one) and the very odd dingo when it's really dry, but we don't have the diversity of larger mammals like you guys. There are Sambar deer but they're more inland toward Rocky and really don't count.

JohnnyBravo300 likes this.
  11. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

We have elk and deer for the big grazers. Black bears coyotes and wolves, mountain lions, wolverines and those predators.
    The basic animals of the Rockies but we dont have fleas at this altitude and i dont miss fleas.

12. sgbuyer

Many of you here may not like what he says but he is basing his prediction on how countries are structured and structures that can't change easily and will seal their destiny. No matter how the propaganda twist facts, structures of the country can't be changed. What will come will come eventually. So all propaganda will eventually be futile. It's almost like astrology and horoscope, the future is already predestined.

TreasureHunter likes this.
  13. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looks much like todays landsacape for people in Syria and Iraq. Not sure how Libya look like today but a decade ago likely looked very much like it.
    Also Afghanistan could not be far off.

14. betterinvestmentthanshare

betterinvestmentthanshare Active Member

Sure it is.
    Go check richest countries by GDP

15. mmm....shiney!

Whatever you reckon.

16. betterinvestmentthanshare

I don’t reckon, the figures are fact. Everyone has access to the figures.

17. mmm....shiney!

The only fact is the fact that you’ve chosen to disregard how the prosperity index by Legatum is measured.

It’s not by GDP as you claim and it’s not by how many corporations a country chooses to allow to operate tax free which you also claim.

Everyone has access to the criteria. :rolleyes:

18. betterinvestmentthanshare

Whatever you reckon ;)
    By the way
    My penis is bigger than yours :)

19. mmm....shiney!

Time and bandwidth waster.

20. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Alor replacement!?