2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

he’s ok. Made his money playing blackjack. Smart guy but more for updates and explanations rather than predictions (I’ve seen him flip his views quickly based on changing current affairs). Still, one of the best YT channels atm and very regular updates. Worth a sub

JOHNLGALT likes this.
  2. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

"Move along people, there's nothing to see here"

You don't honestly believe it's reasonable to compare previous instances to this one? You're comparing REAL apples to those fake display apples. Some are convinced they're the same..until they take a bite.
    Others aren't so easily fooled.

sterling-nz likes this.
  3. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Are you saying becasue its a virus a mortgage holiday is different, so what is different?

What is the big difference between giving Italians mortgage holiday during the financial crisis who lost thier jobs, to giving mortgage holiday to italians who cant work due to the lockdown?

Get a grip on reality.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  4. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Just SUBSCRIBED to this bloke. GREAT FIND. Now back to the video. CHEERS, @heartastack .

heartastack likes this.
  5. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think this money disease virus has been floating around for some time just waiting to rear it’s head. Conditions seem to have ripened quite considerably for an explosion.

JohnnyBravo300 and Slimey like this.
  6. STKR

For starters - It's not just Italy and this is not the same as the GFC.

sterling-nz likes this.
  7. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

A guy that readily flips his views depending on the information coming through is a good thing ,is it not?
    I can not stand the people that have a view and stand fast with it even when it flies in the face of reality.
    I'm quite happy to listen to someone who changes their views as the information coming out changes.
    i call those particular flippers SMART.

STKR likes this.
  8. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

Regardless of the virus' origins, it's a good pretext or cover to:
    - ignite a global collapse
    - start a wealth transfer, buy up what's cheap right now
    - short-sell gold
    - push harder on the quantitative easing pedal
    - distract people from new wars
    - blame China for the Corona virus and the global economy
    - raise prices (with false explanations pointing to the state of the economy), but it's actually just a "trick"
    - cut or raise interest rates (depending on the country)
    - drag down oil's price artificially to hit Russia
    - slam Europe and China economically (as they're the main competitors of the USA)
    - fragment regions of the world and reassemble them the way "the bosses of the world" please
    - produce more masks to people and convince them they need it
    - scare people away from cash ("because it carries the deadly virus") and encourage digital payments
    - practice how people react to "curfew", quarantine, to know how to manipulate/blackmail in case something "bigger and uglier" happens
    - destroy the Chinese exports, so that US and other countries (where the US has invested) take over
    - hit Iran without bombing it and without it being able to "bomb back": the virus is a great "tool"

openeyes likes this.
  9. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

You guys haven't discussed this one yet.

b2ap3_large_Singaporean-Conspiracy-Theories-TheSmartLocal.jpg

66rounds, sgbuyer and openeyes like this.
  10. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Looking at what is happening in Italy, seeing critically ill people sleeping on military stretchers, I think the EU is finished. This is worst than Thailand and Malaysia. You’ll probably have to go to third world Burma or Laos to find a similar situation.

11. STKR

Lol - The upsidedown eye of Providence as the cats nose.

12. openeyes

The EU will not be finished as you say. They will have a very difficult time. the economy will be severely impacted globally but by this time next year things will be getting back to normal. In the meantime people will adjust and adapt. People will survive and life will go on. It will just involve a lot of pain between now and then.

Also of note is that communities become more close nit during a crisis and this lasts beyond the crisis. So there will be good things that come out of this despite the suffering of many families and their losses in one form or another. Afterwards there will be a huge ramp up in government spending and the economy will roar again for a few years before another huge economic crash when all the debt gets beyond what people and investors are willing to withstand.

Stay safe everyone.

sgbuyer likes this.
  13. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, I don't mean the countries or people will be finished, but the political structure is finished. Italy is a huge victim. From collapsed bridge to now healthcare that is worst than developing countries.

14. STKR

Just curious as to how and why you've come to this conclusion? Specifically the time frame of things getting back to normal by next year?

Just keen to understand your perspective.

15. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah people can look at death rates when they want to argue about socialized health care. Good job italy!

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  16. TreasureHunter

It's not that bad, really. Nor like in a 3rd world country.

What is developing now in the Balkans and Eastern Europe is going to be a lot worse (those countries are doing a lot worse, especially Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Bulgaria). The cases are growing rapidly, because people from these eastern countries are returning home from Italy! Many people from these countries work in Italy, Spain... they are returning for various reasons, but mainly because of the epidemic.

There could be potentially thousands of infected in Eastern European countries, which have terribly poor (Chernobyl-level) hospitals and just about everything is being done the wrong way.

Virus could spread a lot more and infect potentially tens of thousands. Romania, Albania, Bulgaria don't have enough doctors, poor quality equipment and too few hospital beds. Plus: some hospitals are run-down old buildings with mold on the walls... it's just sad to imagine what's going on there.

What makes it worse is the flux or illegal migrants from the Middle East, many of whom are infected! Iran, Pakistan etc. few of them are from conflict zones. tens of thousands of migrants are trapped in the Balkans, because all countries reject them, repel them, but can't even go back.

Europe is in a lot worse situation than China:
    - euro crisis, slowing European economies
    - the epidemic
    - the migrant crisis (overlaps with the previous two)
    - EU-Russia political crisis
    - internal EU crisis: all countries pull in separate directions, reason why the centralized communist-style EU-cracy is unsustainable on the long term
    - negative interest rates coming to Europe soon!
    - US sends 30,000 soldiers to Europe (some exercise) - apparently they have not masks!
    (https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/30000-us-soldiers-arrive-europe-without-masks)

It is going to get worse. The ECB just decided to cut interest rates (don't know if it's official, but it's in the news).

Now they say that Tom Hanks is infected

sgbuyer likes this.
  17. openeyes

If we look at the Spanish flu to give some context - This ran for about 18 months some say two years. This all started in a major way when there was a huge movement of military personnel after the end of the first world war. They did implement quarantines and this slowed things for a while until it got loose on the general public. There was no vaccine being developed and the machinery of medicine was much more rudimentary. There was two waves of the Spanish flu. First wave was not so deadly but the second was much more lethal sadly. This is also possible with the COVID-19 virus. In fact variants have already been discovered with different morbidity.

So what can expect. We know that vaccine research is being very actively engaged. We know that there is real time sharing of data that helps in managing existing cases and this will no doubt refine the care procedures. Isolation mechanisms will be refined. I would not be surprised to see us using the Chinese model of a phone app that proves our lack of contact with infected people. There will be better methods discovered to diagnose the infection earlier leading to great containment of the virus.

So putting this together I believe we will see normality beginning to return by the end of the northern winter next year. In about a year i.e. much quicker than the Spanish Flu. Australia will no doubt lag behind as we will have to go through the winter season a second time so lag behind by about 3 months.

There are of course many caveats to this.
    1. That the virus is either naturally occurring or if man made there is no intention to release another version
    2. That the virus doesn't substantially mutate invalidating vaccine efforts
    3. That slowing the spread of the disease doesn't actually lead to the period of impact being much longer
    4. That a group doesn't use this to their advantage and spread this in unpredictable ways or develop something more nefarious - related to point 1
    5. That the virus doesn't have broad secondary impacts - e.g. the HIV like component doesn't lead to secondary health impacts like AIDS

All of this is my opinion and speculation based on the information as I understand it. I personally take it very seriously. I have made quite substantial preparations including the fact that I live on a farm 25 km from any towns and have very supportive neighbours. I do expect people in my extended family will die this year due to COVID-19. I have helped them to prepare.

Preparation is the mitigation to hysteria.

STKR and sgbuyer like this.
  18. TreasureHunter

People hoard everything.

What I've noticed so far is (not necessarily exactly the way they portray it in prepper films):
    - masks sold out BEFORE the mass hysteria had started: either because suppliers were sending them abroad or "preppers" bought them up
    - sanitary products (like sanitary alcohol, hand sanitizer gels etc.) sold out FASTER than food and became unreplaceable (you cannot buy them anywhere at all, it's been 5-7 days and they are still not appearing on the shelves)
    - internet breakdowns and power shortages are already appearing (relatively rarely for short periods)
    - people went for the sanitary products first, then for the food only now are they heading to pharmacies (emptying them)
    - people barely touched the sweets: plenty of chocolates, cakes, cookies, snacks out there... these will be devoured in 2-3 days max
    - oil sold out very fast, besides olive oil, which can still be found
    - nuts and similar foods sold out in the first 1-2 days
    - despite having been 4-5 major waves of panic-buying, you can still find toilet paper and paper tissues
    - roughly 1 week after the panic broke out, I noticed people hoarding beer, coke, wines in industrial quantities (in quantities that would last 2-3 months in my case or even longer)
    - some people (alone) used 2 shopping carts and filled them with food

And you can still find 70 % of most basic food items. Fresh produce is very rare, meat almost diappeared, barely can find eggs, but you can buy potatoes, cheese, water, beans, apples, oranges, sausages etc.

I asked a few acquaintances, friends, relatives, whether they bought anything. In the first wave of the madness. Many laughed me in the face.

Now, as shops are almost empty, some are still laughing me in the face.

I can already see the supply chain breaking.

Countless "smart" people who laughed will cry 3 days later.

19. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

it's running out of supply
    worse would be those people get hit by virus
    then stores could be close as well

20. TreasureHunter

Some EU countries order the closure of EVERYTHING besides food stores and pharmacies.

Do you know what this means?

BANK HOLIDAY!

sammysilver and STKR like this.