2015 libertad presale

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Shippeevt, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

Either someone loves 1/20 oz or there not making a lot of them this year. Both apmex and JM bullion are "sold out"

2. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Yes

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Depends on the price you can get them for. There were more proof coins minted in 2013 and 2014 than the one's that came in the sets so the proof coins are not scarce as one may believe. In 2014 for example, there were 4,700 1 oz proof coins minted, 4,200 more than came in the 7-coin set. Because the premiums are probably exorbitant now on the sets, instead I'd suggest to get the individual proof coins for those years if you like to collect the proof coins...you'll probably save a lot of money and you will end up with exactly the same coins that are in the 7-coin set.

The only collector Libertad coin that you will not find more of outside the set because it doesn't come in a set, is the "Proof-like" ("PL") kilo Libertad....not to be confused with the bu Libertad which does not go through the same higher level production as the PL kilo Libertad and which frankly is not nearly as appealing as the PL kilo Libertad.

The PL kilo this year is said to be ready for pre-sale in May or June...keep your eyes open for this low mintage beauty!

4. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

I've been trying to put together libertad sets and I find it's kinda weird that nobody really sells sets of bu coins per each year...

5. Luker

Luker Member

6. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

I'm not sure about that currently^^ I may need to look at it longer...