2014 Tokelau Yellowfin Tuna 1 oz coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by picturefun, Jun 18, 2014.

1. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Wow, that's a huge mess up. Glad they corrected it, and thanks to you! Nice catch.

But that picture that db23 shared looks a bit better. I just checked APMEX and their picture looks different than Gainsville but it's better looking than eBay. I like APMEX cause it looks realistic.. like their picture isn't over glamorizing the coin as Gainsville probably has. I hope it turns out closer to APMEX than eBay's!

I guess we just have to wait and see what we actually get in.

2. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

I intend to order these coins myself through wholesale channels, just waiting for spot to drop back to the $19USD range after its fairly sudden spike...

At $1.60 over spot (retail) its more than worth it just to stack, you're not paying a numismatic premium but are getting a collectible limited mintage product, which will be part of a series.

3. wowmuchAG

wowmuchAG New Member

I received mine today and its ok for the money here are some close ups of a one pulled randomly from a tube. not picking out a nice one or a bad one. you can see mine has some nicks on it from another coins edge but that is to be expected when they don't come in capsules i guess. The field is not as nice as i hoped but then i guess this isn't being sold as a proof and its price is closer to a round than a $5 coin.

http://imgur.com/a/FYS3N#0

4. VANGBAC

VANGBAC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not to bad for a cheap round. I like it but definitely not as good as the advertising pictures. Would love to see it proof in high relief. think it would be well worth the extra in that form.

5. fltacoma

fltacoma Member

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have bought 2 of the 1 oz, and 2 of the 1/2 oz as well. I will post pictures when I recieve them!

6. jchrisrobledo

jchrisrobledo Member

Mine came in today as well but missed the postman cause of work! I'll have to wait until Saturday!
    However, I am so glad they don't look that horrible. Of course like mentioned, not as nice as advertised but it's worth the price. Has somewhat limited mintage and is legal tender.. it's not bad. I might get some more of them.

7. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well somebody uploaded a video of the fishes on youtube. The title pretty much sums it up. :p

(From 3:55 min onwards)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT98bg7Vng8[/youtube]

8. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Perth, please don't ever change the quality of the lunar, koala and kook silver coins. Don't put them on the trash heap like these, crocs, and other cheap coins to compete with the other cheap coins. Phewie.

9. picturefun

picturefun Member

Gainesvillecoin is really ruining their reputation by selling these crap coins:D

10. chubbycheeks

chubbycheeks Member

I was still debating on weather or not to pick this coin up but after seeing the video I can already tell it'd just be a let down. Maybe it is just me though because I don't mind paying the premium for a better quality product.

The coin is pretty close to spot so if you like to just stack different rounds for a good price this would be a option.

11. SolidFOOSER

SolidFOOSER Member

I was thinking of buying just 1 to add to my 2014 bullion collection. When it was first released I was tempted to buy a bunch....but now.....