2014 Baseball HOF silver $1 Proof

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by badhop55, May 18, 2014.

1. badhop55

badhop55 New Member

For those interested in the release of these coins I have the following. The fustercluck is ongoing. They've got more labels and sub labels coming out seemingly everyday. They started with your basics and then moved on to labels available only at the Baltimore show and are now adding autographs at a dizzying pace. Wouldn't doubt they'll try to get Jimmy Hoffa's. I need a program to keep track. And the pricing continues to climb. The original in OGP went for $51.95. Today on ebay I saw completed sales in the $160s and higher with one sale of $202+. I thought we had topped out when the sales reached $100. What do I know?

The shipping from the Mint is still a pain with dates continuing to move out and then back in and then out again driving collectors nuts. I was fortunate to receive an order for 2 prior to the PCGS FS cutoff date so that box will stay sealed for now but I have a second order placed a couple days after original release that shows a moving ship date around July 14 at this time. Some folks are seeing August for shipping.

ebay sale of $200+:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Baseba...98?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item4866772e5e

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

you ain't kidding. I ordered mine on March 29th, and the date has been all over the map. As long as I get them, and as long as they are not 'hand me downs,' I'll be happy. As I've said I have 1 gold, something like 30'ish half dollars, and 6 silver clad (for kicks)...but it is indeed a cluster mess...what do you expect, it's a govt run institution...and even worse, and U.S. one!!! You've heard of odummercare? :)