2012 kookaburra coins

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Chillidog, Aug 1, 2011.

1. BBQ

BBQ Member

The 2012 design is a winner. Minus Liz.

2. td31

td31 New Member

im new to stacking silver and would like to get the 2012 kook. I do think it is a happy bird and not an angry one. Im in the USA if that matters. is there any place you would recommend purchasing from other than apmex or gainesville?

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

4. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

You can also try Provident Metals, but they are out of stock on the 2012 right now. Provident and APMEX allow you to pay by personal check, so you can save a decent amount of money sometimes by doing that. I generally compare prices between the three and try to order from the cheapest after shipping. Gainesville offers a shipping discount if you use the promo code NIAUS. Provident shipping is reasonable. APMEX shipping is usually the highest. I would avoid eBay -- prices are inflated. You can also try to get some from someone on the forum.

5. picturefun

picturefun Member

Providentmetals and Gainesvillecoins have better price, but now they sold out, who knows when they will be back. Mintproducts sold a little more expensive, but at least they still have it in stock. Make up you mind before order, they will charge 5% fee if you cancel the order. I paid $20 fee to cancel the order from them, but I still saved money by reordering from Gainesvillecoins. ALL these three dealers are in the U.S. Looks like some people are hording this one too, with 500,000 mintage, you will be better off to grab it now.

http://www.mintproducts.com/product.php?productid=17924&cat=252&page=1
    shipping cost
    http://www.mintproducts.com/shipping-amp-handling.html

By the way, Mintproducts.com sold cheaper than APMEX, and shipping cost is also cheaper

6. td31

td31 New Member

I bought the 2011 Australian Kangaroo 1oz Silver Proof High Relief Coin directly from the Perth Mint when it first came out and I did have dust particles in mine as well . I was disappointed because i couldnt even get the capsule open easily. had to use a pocket knife to get into it and get the dust out.

I did pickup a kook and cougar from mintproducts. i wanted to get a cougar at the same time and they were the only place that had both available. thanks for assisting!

7. Cimexus

Cimexus Member

Finally got my roll of 2012 1oz Kooks today (34 days after ordering - argh!) The eye looks fine in person - not evil at all. Just looks like a happy smiling bird.

I reckon that's true of a lot of coins - the computer-generated artwork looks nothing like the actual coin does in real silver. Happy with the purchase (except for the price - would have saved $100 if I ordered a few days later) and thinking I might even buy some more now. Or maybe a 10ozer.

8. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

I reckon the 2012 1oz Kook will be sold out in a matter of days. I think most of the mintage is already ordered.

9. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Good - then they can start making half ounce and 2 ounce dragons again