2012 1oz Silver Panda Medal Singapore Int Coin Fair NGC PF69

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by серебро, Sep 18, 2012.

1. серебро

серебро New Member

This month prices for the PF69 on ebay have not been encouraging. 10 auctions avg price $145.33aud

2. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Postage is the killer. Unless you are buying multiple or adding to an existing order, it's an extra $38.

3. silverfever

silverfever New Member

You are right. I jumped the gun and won 1 for around US$155 shipped. Now I'm kicking myself. They are now going in the US$140s. :(

4. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

once Modern coin mart ,dries up ,IMHO you will see prices rise, I personally would not buy a coin from them if my life depended upon it , and I am starting to feel the same way about panda america, we pay issue price then PA sells modern coin mart way below issue price and he floods the market at cheap prices , Most people are misguided ,they say "great" I buy the coin for 140, they dont realize they actually lost IMHO, they would have been better paying 180, when you flood a market below issue you IMHO damage future appreciation of that coin , people think there is something wrong with it , Ask yourself ? how can a panda medal with 10,000 mintage drop in value when a 2011 panda with millions minted goes up?? when an unscrupulous dealer who is all about a fast buck not the collecting hobbie ,get,s together with another one with the same mind set thats how? they screw up the secondary market which in turn screws up your investment no matter if you paid 140 or 180,just a thought!

5. silverfever

silverfever New Member

You are right. I will not be buying from, Panda America again. If I remember correctly, I probably paid around $190 for each of my Singapore Pandas shipped. Better to wait for MCM to auction off their PF 69s.

6. silverfever

silverfever New Member

This medal in 69 has now dropped to the $120s. Looks like its following the 2012 ANA down to below $100.00 :(
    IMHO its now better to chase after the older issues rather than the current crop. We have definetely seen a surge in the older MCCs but definetely not in the current releases.

If you would have invested $200 in silver bullion instead of this Singapore Panda Medal, the value would be around $260.00 instead of $125.00.

7. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hope it goes lower :) ... *selfish reasons* ... cos I want to buy many! :)

Tip: Look at the Panda medal trends over the long term... are their any Panda Medals that have failed to significantly appreciate?

8. silverbulldog

silverbulldog New Member

I have also decided not to buy anything from Panda America. There prices are outrageous in most cases they are 30-40% higher than buying elsewhere if you are patient.

as for MCM i have found some deals but it is likely due to what you guys are talking about...they flood the market.

I was a bit torn how i felt about them flooding the market on the ANA metal until i realized this was an opportunity for me to pick up a few PF-69's for $110-$120 price range to hang on to.

I still stick by my word that i will not purchase from Panda America.

9. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I only bought the PF70 1oz from MCM and 5oz from PA omp since mintage is 2500.

What's the PF70 price now? Still above 200? :p