2011 Pandas

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Sargeant Argent, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Just read they've increased the mintage of the 2011 pandas the silver mintage double from 3,000,000 to 6,000,000! Found that out right after buying one! Does anyone think this will affect its future value due to being less rare? If so will he premium drop on the pandas as a result of this development?

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Doubt the value would drop much. Mintage of 6 million is still relatively low.

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-11878-future-of-pandas.html
    I had pretty much the same thought, I would not buy 2011 pandas in preference to (Can)Wildlife series/Lunars/Kooks @ the same price, but I would buy some @ the same price

4. Sargeant Argent

Yeah Lunars look really attractive now considering the rabbit is only at 300,000 and I just ordered a Panda and a Rabbit the rabbit was less than 1.50 more grizzlies were 2 - 3.50 less than either. Probably stick to lunars till next year though I want at least 5 dragons!
    Not too big of a numismatic guy but I guess every stack should have a few exclusive goodies in it!

5. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

Congrats on the two new coins, I never intended to get into numismatic coins but after seeing some of the foreign stuff I couldn't resist. I'll build 2 - 3 % of my stack with numi's, that percentage should decrease as my overall stack increases.

I just need to complete my series I collection and then build the series II collection, I swear then I'm done . . . ;) ;)

6. Sargeant Argent

Yeah I wanted to see what the hype was about, im excited to check out something new. Just saw there were only 1,000,000 million wolves and grizzlies are supposed to be limited too, wonder what they'll make next in the wildlife series?

7. Elemental

Elemental Active Member Silver Stacker

I've got a couple of wolves and grizzlies - does anyone know when the next relese of this series is? Or the next animal? I remeber something about a Moose (I could have been dreaming about that TV show though).

8. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Hope its a cougar!

9. Sargeant Argent

Yeah I was hoping cougar too I saw a massive one driving across vancouver island at night from head to tail it was longer than one lane on the highway the thing wasn't even scared of my truck held its ground and turned and slowly walked into the bush as I drove by slowly while pooping my pants. Would not want to meet up with one face to face in the bush!
    I think the following should be in there at some point; cougar, wolverine, moose, orca, canada goose, lynx, and maybe the spirit bear.

10. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

Stephen Harper ;)

11. Sargeant Argent

Celine Dijon! ;)

12. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

So it'll be a cougar after all :eek:

13. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi there,

I'm not expecting the increase to affect its future value too much. After all, the demand for silver and gold is significantly higher in China now than it has been for a long time.

Obviously the older and smaller mintaged coins will get a better return, but I've got a lot of 2011s and hope they will increase a few more percentage points than ASEs/Maples/Kooks/etc.