2011 Big eye/Small eye Panda

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by badhop55, Feb 20, 2012.

1. badhop55

badhop55 New Member

Does anyone know if there is any more info relating to whether or not this possible variation is worth considering?

Thanks ahead of time.

2. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

Dont know but i will keep an eye on things

3. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Its in Pandacollector site but i think ngc and pcgs dont recognize it

Source :
    http://www.pandacollector.com/

2011 Silver Panda Varieties Found

Silver Panda varieties have a long history that starts in 1990, with Large and Small Date versions, and continues through 2010 with its date varieties. Partly because several of the varieties from the 90's have been found to be scarce or rare and now sell for significant premiums above their more common peers many numismatists take interest in Panda varieties. Pandacollector.com has identified a pair of distinct 2011 Panda varieties.

The photos show the differences in eye and ear shapes on the Panda cub and the differences in nose details on the adult. These differences are easily visible to the eye and are significant enough that I expect the varieties to be officially recognized. So far they are being called Large Eye and Small Eye. Examples have been submitted to NGC for grading and variety designation.

[​IMG]