2011 Andean Cats - no mintage limit?

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by El Bullion, Apr 1, 2011.

1. El Bullion

El Bullion New Member Silver Stacker

Anybody else notice that Royal Silver no longer mentions a mintage limit for their silver rounds?

I sent them a couple of emails months back to ask if the design for the 2011 cats will be different and if this going to be a specific mintage limit.

They never responded.

2. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

I'm yet to witness them publicly destroying the gato die, and until then their credibility remains at zero.

3. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They have the same mintage limit as anyone else.

There isn't that much silver around......

4. silverybay

silverybay New Member

They seriously need to hire a professional PR person to run the business. The boss should stick to what he doea best, mining.

5. 2003dve

2003dve New Member

yeah same here El Bullion, , I've sent them a couple of emails too and got no response, so I guess they'll be getting no response $ from me.

now where is that First Majestic link, I was looking at...

6. Royal Silver CEO

Royal Silver CEO New Member

Hello Stackers. Thank you for your patience with our small company. We went through a learning period on how to deliver coins to Australia. We lost many, many packages mailed to Australia, and we replaced them at our cost. Our loss was in the tens of thousands of dollars, but we made sure everybody received their coins, even though the customers had not paid for shipping. Not even the customers whose coins we replaced (and shipped for free) were aware of all the struggle and cost on our end. Even now, there are still one or two customers in Australia whose packages were lost in the mail, who have not received their replacement packages, yet. We understand customers' impatience. People want our coins delivered immediately and they want to buy our coins on credit. But we lost many more thousands on charge backs to people in England--people who received our coins, but who claimed to their credit card company that we had not delivered (even though we had proof of mailing). That is why we no longer sell our coins on credit. As a consumer, you might think that when you pay with your credit card or by Paypal that we have your money, but that is not true--the credit card processing company and Paypal hold the money for up to 6 months, and we have no guarantee that you will not issue a claim during that period--even a false claim--and the money will be taken from our account, even though we shipped the coins. This is the reason we do not accept credit. Now we only accept wire transfers. In 24 languages the word for money and the word for silver are the same word. if you send us money, we will send you silver. Credit is not money--and therefore no longer an option.

Regarding destroying the 2010 dies: Why would my credibility be zero? We still have to make sure we have enough 2010s to replace damaged coins, and to send samples to our shareholders. When I am sure we have enough 2010s made to meet all our commitments, then I will destroy the dies and post the video. No other mint that I know of has ever done this, just as no other mint has ever made 5x9 pure silver. All we ask is time. Please understand that we work on many projects at the same time. All projects get finished eventually. I am committed to destroying the 2010 dies and posting the final mintage--something no other mint I know of has ever done. I have offered our customers an extraordinary value--something no other mint offers--I have promised to destroy the dies so our customers will have proof our 2010 coins are limited, that none will ever be made again. It is for this reason, and for the extraordinary purity and appeal of our coins, that our product commands the highest re-sale value of any non-government, non-numismatic mint. Our customers have been re-selling our coins between $55 and $100 per ounce. Do you know of any other non-government, non-numismatic bullion product that commands such an impressive re-sale value?

Finally, please call or write to us, or post on our website forum, if you have trouble buying our product, or if your first email goes unanswered for a period of time. We are striving to improve our customer service, but we are only human. If we don't respond to an email, please write again. We value all our customers and their concerns. Thank you.

Regards

Brian McConnell

7. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Credibility of any entity starts at zero and rises upon fulfillment of promises made. The promise of the 2010 die destruction remains, so far, unfulfilled. Hence, credibility has not risen yet.

I saw the promise of 10k limit and the die destruction as a big benefit that would inflate premiums for the coin, and contributed to my purchasing decision. When I found out that the 2010 coins where still being minted in 2011, and the 2011 design was basically the same, I became suspicious and checked your website for an explanation. I found none. I could not find a mention of the die destruction promise, it was like it never existed.

Interesting side note, "Credibility" and "credit" both originate from credere, meaning "worthy to be believed".

Thank you for your response. I have hope & faith in Royal Silver that the die will eventually be destroyed.

8. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I have found Brian McConnell CEO of the Royal Silver Company to be very credible and reliable.
    I have not had any problem with the Company and I am very happy with their design and craftsmanship. Their service has not dissapointed me to date.
    Thankyou Brian. Maggie.

9. knowles3

knowles3 Member

what are the mintages of the 2011 cats and macaws?