2010 Silver Kooks Roll

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Sam7, Aug 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam7

Sam7 Member

2010 Kooks Roll

$700 plus shipping

Photos attached

Attached Files:

Real $, clear, Lucy's Numis and 3 others like this.
  2. hardyakkagold

hardyakkagold Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buzz, if you can wait till tomorrow for direct deposit payment at the bank?

Erin and clear like this.
  3. Sam7

Sam7 Member

Sold

4. hardyakkagold

Pretty poor form to sell to someone else after I buzzed it because you could not wait until tomorrow to get paid mate!!!!

Can you explain where you stated in your sale thread that the purchase was subject to payment tonight?

Negative feedback coming your way, as I don't tolerate this kind of behavior.

And you are going on my ignore list too, where you belong.

Sorry for wasting my time.

SolidAg and spannermonkey like this.
  5. Jamie watson

Jamie watson Well-Known Member

Hardyakka,you buzzed conditional,to the seller being able to wait for bank deposit.you gave him that option by saying so! He choose not to take you up on it.now you wanna shit can him for it.ide say thats a bit over the top mate.have dealt with sam,he,s a good trader.doesnt deserve the shit canning,for exercising the very option you gave him.

Golden Stash and MikeW like this.
  6. hardyakkagold

My buzz was not conditional pal, it was a purchase that stated that the item would be paid for the next day at the bank and not via the usual
    Internet electronic transfer so that the seller would know.
    He sent me a private message thanking me for the buzz and asking me if the money would be available in his account the next day, I replied that
    generally speaking yes although I could not guarantee it.
    Then when I asked him for his banking details he ghosted me for 2 hours and then sent me a message saying that he sold it to someone else.
    Hell! I have waited for 2 days on numerous occasions on this forum to receive payments when selling on here and never complained or even threatened to sell to someone else in the meantime, and yet some on here can't wait less than 24 hours to receive payment.
    Is that what the forum has come to?
    Why not just state in the thread that you are desperate for money and that the sale is subject to you receiving instant payment?
    So that people know and don't waste their time.
    Were you the one who purchased it after me, Jamie?

spannermonkey likes this.
  7. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sometimes it's the seller's loss. If they're just after a quick sale and not interested in building trust with members then they sacrifice safer trades in future.

Argentumiser and hardyakkagold like this.
  8. Jamie watson

Bro ,you said buzz,if you can wait till tomorrow for bank deposit.just pointing out,you put a caveot on your buzz.

9. hardyakkagold

This will be my last comment on this issue as I am well and truly over it.

If a seller sends you a PM thanking you for your buzz and asking you when the next day the money will be in their account, then in my book they are acknowledging the buzz as a deal and the buyer would expect the purchase to proceed with the payment option as specified.

Maybe I am too old-fashioned. and that is not how the world operates these days.

It seems to be all about instant gratification these days, why wait till tomorrow to receive a payment if someone is offering it to you tonight?

SolidAg and spannermonkey like this.
  10. Flyinfree

Flyinfree Well-Known Member

Don't worry too much about it mate. Different people have their own attitudes to do their business and some of them may not be reasonable. I buzzed something and got a confirmation with a payment detail message from a well known member in the early morning. And then some hours later, he sent a message telling me that a buzz was before my through message. Do you believe it? I have blocked that person since that.
    So, take it easy and walk away. Just add him into your block list;)

spannermonkey likes this.
  11. Pendragon

Pendragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This begs the question. Did hardyakkagold strike a deal?
    The buzz in this forum is called in law 'an offer'. Sam can use it to form a contract aka a deal only if he accepts hardyakkagold's offer unconditionally. This is a universal contract formation protocol. It is not subject to anyone's opinion or attitude.

We don't know exactly the text of Sam's response. He would have to have communicated acceptance directly or by some other phrase commonly recognized as an acceptance in this community such as
    'all yours', 'done deal' 'ok transfer payment to this account xxx'.

If Sam suggested any change to hardyakkagold' offer/buzz, like 'Sure mate all yours but make sure payment is made in cash at address x at 7pm" then this is a counter offer not an acceptance and no deal is struck, moreover the original offer/buzz by hardyakkagold is extinguished - the parties are now negotiating.

If Sam merely asks a question about hardyakkagold's offer/buzz then this not an acceptance nor does it extinguish hardyakkagold's offer/buzz. That is, hardyakkagold is still exposed to contract formation at Sam's discretion but no deal is actually struck yet.

12. Jamie watson

Thanks pendragon,was pretty much my take on it.

Pendragon likes this.
  13. hardyakkagold

And My Take On It Is That It Is A Pretty Low Act To Ghost A Buyer And Not Answer His Question About Bank Account Details For Hours On End
    While Selling The Buzzed Item To Another Buyer Behind His Back!

And Then When He Did Finally Reply To My PM At About Midnight Instead Of Receiving The Banking Details That I Had Asked For And Was Waiting For, I Received A Message Saying Sorry Mate I sold It To Someone Else!

If Some Of You Think That That Is An Ethical And Moral Way Of Conducting Business Transactions Then I hope That I Never Do Business Deals With You.

The Seller Could Have Avoided Receiving A Negative Feedback By Simply Engaging In A Bit Of Polite Communication And Informing Me That He Was
    Waiting To See If Anyone Would Offer Him Instant Payment That Night Before Selling To Me.

Is That So Hard, Or Too Much To Ask For?

Instead Of Keeping Ghostly Silent And Making Me Wait Up Half The Night For Nothing Like A Fool.

Or Better Still Why Not Just State In The Sale Thread That You Are Looking For Instant Payment, I Have Seen Other Sellers Do That So It Would
    Not Be A First And Would Save Any Misunderstandings Occurring About Payment.

14. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your both respected members
    This feud has no loser's,no body's out of product or money.
    Both sides have a role to play in the misunderstanding.Put it behind you, this Site can't afford to have older members feuding publicly over such a small matter.

BobTB, Sam7, SolidAg and 2 others like this.
  15. Jamie watson

I have no feud with hardyakka,i do agree that the advertiser could have communicated his intention a little more clearly.and that hardyakkas request to wait for bank deposit was reasonable.all i was saying is that he buzzed with a caveot.had i been the advertiser,i would have found the request reasonable .,and replied with an ,all yours done deal.or something like that.or as hardyakka pointed out,a hey m8 thanks,but i want to see what other offers come in before i accept your offer.might have been the polite thing.i know they are both good honest traders.tbh,life is to short,im sorry hardyakka felt dupped.in the grand scheme of things.clear communication is and can,t be underated when selling or buying.both good guys.just a shitty moment....moving on.

16. Sam7

Sam7 Member

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late response.

First of all I do apologise again to hardyakka that I wasn’t able to wait till the next day to receive the funds. The last message I got was:

“If you agree let me know your account details and postage cost for regular tracking parcel post”

It shows we hadn’t come to a full agreement with the deal. I thought about your offer to do a bank deposit the next day and I realised that I would need the cash faster than that. That’s why I went with Jamie instead.

If we had come to a full agreement with your proposal and then pulled out, I think I would deserve this negative feedback, but it was my understanding we hadn’t come to a full agreement.

I can’t see how a “buzz” is a binding agreement. Hypothetically what if after the buzz the person messages them and says they can pay in a weeks time. That wouldn’t be acceptable for most people. From my understanding (and maybe I’m wrong) a buzz is giving that person the first chance to come to an agreement.

On a separate note I’ve always posted the silver asap and if buying I’ve always paid straight away. I’ve strived to have a good reputation, because I understand that this website is solely based on reputation. I’m sorry again to hardyakka and I want to let everyone know that I will strive to keep a good reputation going forward.

Ive also got some ASE to sell tonight as well.

Thanks
    Sam

BobTB, Ivykoin and JohnnyBoy like this.
  17. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I cannot believe he really left you a negative feedback:rolleyes:.He was not in the right to do that. Your sales thread-your conditions.....

Stoic Phoenix, Golden Stash and Sam7 like this.
  18. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

soo…. after all this ‘debacle’…

backup BUZZ! :p

StewyD32, Sam7 and Wellsy like this.
  19. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

see where this will land me…

JohnnyBoy likes this.
  20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Closed.