****1st."Silver Stackers Cup" Compitition...Gold and Silver to win****

Discussion in 'Silver' started by AU 79 ... 196.97, Apr 19, 2011.

1. kaz

kaz New Member Silver Stacker

2. kaz

Just so everyone knows what we based the figures on :)

3. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

kaz...just pm'd you.....i'm happy either way....

4. kaz

[​IMG]

confirmed

5. kaz

double post :rolleyes:

6. kaz

7. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

thanks kaz....all confirmed....working on it now.....give me a couple days....post early next week....

8. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

To all registered competitors, to Au79 (i have tried a number of times to contact you via PM), and to GP (from an armslength admin perspective)......

I hope this next series of posts for the updating of results for the competition falls on favourable ears.............

I put put my hand up after the close of entries for end June - to tally up the numbers for the participants in the competition.....(we hadn't heard from Au79)...and generally in the spirit of giving Au79 a hand if need be. Kaz has also offered time to assist. Having a look at the tables Kaz prepared -its evident that the points system needs ammending. Simply - it is the fact that there are always different numbers of punters making the cut before the close of play at the end of 24th of each month. This means that if we follow the current scheme - we end up distributing different points each month......ie...if 50 enter one month....50 points for top prize...and then down from there. Also if there are only 25 people that make the cut for the month - 25 points is used as the top prize etc. ..........this is what I believe was originally proposed by AU79.

This current system generates more problems than its solves. One of those being that there is no standard points offer....and there is actully a disincentive to keep participating in the comp if people get disinterested where they realise only 25 points is on offer because only 25 people had make the cut (for eg). I propose that a fairer system (and one that creates an incentive to particpate) is where a standard points system is adopted. One that is based on the original number of people that entered before the close of entries before the first month draw back in may 2011. There were a total of 78 people registerd. I propose that that is the number we use as top prize. So both gold and sivler points start at 78 and go down from there. This means that if all 78 people enter their guesses before the cutoff date - 78 points get distributed. If only 25 people make the cutoff - you still distribute from a starting number - 78 points. That means that all 25 entries actually benefit for having made the cutoff and effort to play. This creates an incentive for all those registered - and if you are say.....one of those fewer particpants -you know youre up for at least 53 points (for each silver and gold) if you come last!!!!!..

I have generated two backdated lists for last month (May 2011) gold and silver - based on the new 78 point system. I have also then generated this months gold/silver lists based on the same 78 point system.

Please view the following schedules and let me know your thoughts......(it would be a real pain to go back and redo this thing.......!!)

ps....if you dont like it for any reason - i want to hear your comments....I am hoping however, that everyone is happy with this....it will aslo standardise how the results are tallied and viewed.....(as i am happy to do this....and hand over all the stuff i've done to AU79 if he wishes to do it - no prob)

anyway.......that was the blurb .............now for the GOOD STUFF!!!! I'll also post the rules up for all to have as reference. Hopefully as a JPG file somewhere a couple of days before the cutoff date....to give people a reminder....that way we dont have too many who miss out!

FIRSTLY - THE REVISED TALLIES FROM LAST MONTH!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[​IMG]

9. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

NOW THE NEW JUNE END OF MONTH TOTALS!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>good luck!!!

[​IMG]

10. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

AND NOW FINALLY THE RUNNING TOTALS SO FAR!!!!!

[​IMG]

EDIT - i will make adjustment to this list to show consecutive month figures - so all will be able to see which of the months they did well (or bad) in.....!!

11. pixha

pixha Member

Nice work mate :) thanks for taking this on!

12. Graeme

Graeme Member Silver Stacker

Good work white-metal-man.

I notice you are enforcing a cut off of 24th of each month and if so, the guesses made by AU 79 ... 196.97 on 2011-05-25 at 01:37:27 need to be removed from the tables and all scores adjusted accordingly.

Pedantic ... yes ... but playing by the rules.

13. atsaki

atsaki New Member

Thanks white-metal-man, great job. You kicked some arse this month!

Let's hope Au79 is okay...

14. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

thanks for the effort put into this.

I am cool with proposals too.

15. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

Graeme,

I know that there is the total submitted by Au79. I am reluctant to change it at this stage as this is his competition. His rules.....and he may very well have been using a different cutoff for the 24th (say midnight south africa time??)....until I hear from Au79 - i will leave as is. its easily adjusted later on down the track should it be deemed appropriate.....hope thats ok.

16. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

i'm thinking the posting of the competition rules before the cutt-off may prompt everyone to get in on time??????? thought..

here are the rules as thes generally stand...we can edit these and add/subtract if people have the urge....

[​IMG]

17. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks white-metal-man! It is appreciated.

Like my signature states ......

18. pixha

pixha Member

Just two things -

You will have to include a clause for when daylight savings kicks in...

and secondly originally AU.. was using the London Fix.

Might be a good idea to start a new thread if AU doesn't come back and include all the relevant info in the start of the thread so it is easily accessible, and updateable without trawling through posts

19. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

Thanks pixha- I'm a bit confused then...... AU79 first post to this comp mentions the use of the NY close price. I assume that's the go? Where does he state the London fix?? And then which would you use ? PM or AM fix? it seems easier to go with the NY close as mentioned in AU's first post?

20. pixha

pixha Member

Hey man he does mention NY in his example on the first post. Then in post #21 on the first page he says he will use London PM fix. But i'm not fussed either way, just thought id let ya know :)