1kg bars

Discussion in 'Silver' started by euphoria, May 30, 2011.

1. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Hey guys was after some thoughts on different 1kg bars and what premiums they attract. i.e. How much more premium is contained in a PAMP bar as oppose to an Ainslie or Perth mint?

2. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Steve buys back PM and PAMP bars at $30 over spot, and all other bars at spot. Thats a good enough guide for me.

Edit: typo!

3. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I was asking a similar question however I was more interested in the aesthetic value of bars.

I think you'll always get a good premium on a PAMP, Perth Mints seem to be in demand at the moment so may have a temporary premium.

Another thing you might want to consider if going for premium key bars is looking at european makers. Hereaus might have some to look at, I know I'm certainly going to be investing in Kinebar gold with some cash I've got arriving soon, and I'll probably factor it into a trip home to the UK. Premiums for those babies are ridiculous!

RD

4. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

During normal times I would pay a $30 a kilo premium above spot on Perth mint and Pamp bars except when there are wild swings in the spot price.
    I lowered the premiums earlier this month when we were getting massive $2 daily dips.
    Would never pay more than spot for Ainslie or ABC (Sydney)