1991 Wallaroo Coin Set

Discussion in 'Gold Coins' started by Goldmember, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Gday fellow Stackers....hope youre all well. Thought id post in the Gold Coin section,i have a 1991 Wallaroo 5 piece Gold Coin Set which i have been researching the price at the moment.Seems the set is very low mintage and im wondering what you guys think it might be worth in "Stacker" terms.I found not a great deal of info but this link might give an idea:

http://www.australianstamp.com/coin-web/aust/proofset/19911prg.htm (link to info about the set,with grainy pics but good info bout mintage)

The 2,000 mintage limit for the 1991 5 coin gold proof set was not reached with a total of only 1,096 sets actually released.I can only imagine how many have been broken up and sold off individually....so i am assuming the set has some numismatic value as well,but im not sure if these sets hold Numismatic value?

There may be some collectors out there who are into sets like these and might know something about resale value of low mintage sets.The thing is i would like to sell the set but i dont like seeing sets broken up and sold individually...maybe just the "numi" in me.

Question is do you guys think it would sell well as a mumismatic set? Am i better off breaking it up into individuals?

Thx for any input guys :D

Cheers

GM PS...if youre looking for a SET like this it dont hurt to PM me either :p

2. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Must be a tough question? Wheres the experts when ya need em..... lol

3. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I also have this 91 set and love these 1,85 (86-88) and 1.9 oz gold sets, but because of their high price not many collecting them individual years after years. Also time to time you can find different year on the secondary market and they are priced on current gold value with relatively small premium and not on numismatic value.
    These sets are all proof sets and they are very beautiful, so anyone has a chance to pick them up with relatively small premium over the bullion version kangaroos will be very pleased.

4. Goldmember

Goldmember Member

Yeah ya not wrong Projack..they are an awesome set.....they dont come up for air too often.I really like the Nugget sets too...(hence my Avatar)