1990 gilt lunar horse medal , any info??

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by silverstar1, Sep 25, 2012.

1. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

[​IMG]
    Source: Does anyone here have any info on the medal ? it is NGC "1990 lunar horse partial gilt 24mm silver medal" they graded it so I guess it is at least semi official , i am just wondering what the mint and mintage is ? any other info would be appreciated.[​IMG]
    Source:

2. Catseye

Catseye New Member

If you showed the pertinent info on the top of the slab someone might be able to help.

3. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

It is labled "Lunar series 1990 China Medal Horse Gilt Silver-24mm" PF69 UC . It is the only one they have graded, I couldnt find anything on google , it was just a late night ebay gamble, but it is silver .999AG so I think it is pretty cool even if it is nothing special , maybe it was part of a set or something.

4. low

low New Member

Shanghai Mint.

You can say this is part of the set, as the Mint issued one every year.

1990s are the peak period of lunar medals where the Mint produce a ton of them. Some are scarce, a lot are common.

The good news is, Shanghai Mint product are usually very nice, compared against Shenyang Mint.

Just wonder if you bought the medal from proofmedal on ebay? If so, Boybluejay has one set of 12 medals for sale on CCF.

5. low

low New Member

6. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Thanks Low, yep I bought it from proofmedal on a whim, the price seems about right since it is a pf69 , just something fun to add to the collection. I appreciate your help.