1983 20c mint roll

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by The governor, Feb 25, 2014.

1. thepurplepenny

thepurplepenny Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't think you can generalise as to the value of rolls over individual coins. In this case, I think the roll value would FAR outweigh the value of the individual coins because of the scarcity of the rolls rather than the coins. I can think of similar examples, particularly with regard to rolls of late date pre-decimal coins. It's not unusual for a roll of 40 1964 3d's to get $120 or $150. But break those suckers out and try to sell them individually or even in album pages and you're pushing excrement up hill to get a dollar each for them.

By the way I am dying to see pictures of the ends of this roll.

2. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I would respectfully disagree with you on this one. If you are willing to sell me mint state ex mint roll 1964 3d's for $1.5 I would buy as many as you have hell if you can get me a mint roll for $120 I would buy a couple. your prices seem a little out of date.
    a ex-mint roll 64 usually sells for $5+
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUSTRALI...180898142905?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item2a1e5e9ab9
    I know this because I buy most of the ones that come up and go for under $5 as I like the design and believe it to be good value for money.

3. serial

but if you don't believe me then put it on ebay and make sure you send me the link so I can bid on it
    after all it is only worth what someone will pay for it

4. thepurplepenny

thepurplepenny Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes, serial is quite correct, the only way to know the real value is to sell it. If you let me know about it I can assure you it it won't go for $300 because my finger will be on the bidding button too :)

5. serial

+1